Stage or Stage X to Replace Theater

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mixman

Reaction score
Right now I have a Theater i that I am using with my Spires. Wondering if a Stage will do or should I hold out for a Stage X? I will probably get either one used and there is a difference of about $1,000 on the price between the two. Or.....Should I just stick with the Theater and wait for ML to come out with a new center?

Hola. I had all three models, the Theater, the Stage and the Stage X. My ears are very happy with the Stage X, and the new folded motion tweeter is the clue. This incredible tweeter has about 8 inches of diaphragm surface, but weights less than one inch dome tweeter. Remember that moving the air is how the sound is produced. Bigger and faster diaphragms is the way to go. The coherence and the overall sound of the Stage X, its a shiny jewel to use in your system. When listening live concerts and the dialog of the movies are very easy to understand. I do recommended it to you. Its another forward step in the speaker's later. I do not listen any bad resonances or color the musical instruments...really, I do enjoy it very much! You can't go wrong with the Stage X. Happy listening!

Thank you for your reply Roberto. So you would say there is such a significant difference in the sound, enough to justify the price differential?

Mixman, the audio gear its a matter of liking. What I do like, could be not yours. I love my Stage X. I gave to you my reasons why I do like it a lot. Let your ears decide. Go and listen it. If you like it that much as I did, you will be another happy Stage X user.
My CLXs are not forgiving speakers, and the Stage X is not too. Its blends fantastic with them, and the timbre is just right.
Happy listening!

Back