Hi! Clarity owner from Hong Kong

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil5m

Reaction score
Hey ML'ers!

Greetings from Hong Kong! I have been the proud owner of a pair of Clarity's for two years now and absolutely love them. They are my babies! The Clarity's fit just right in my small apartment (over here an average apartment is 450-500.sq.ft) and don't dominate the room.

Three years ago, I had never heard of electrostatic speakers until I saw and heard the Montis at a dealer in HK. I fell in love with the airy spacious sound and the technology but it was way out of my budget. I found it unbelievable that such amazing technology wasn't more common. I spent the next few months reading through every website and watching every Youtube video and finally acquired a pair of Clarity's used. I chose the Clarity as it had the NAC tweeter and widened the sweet spot.

I drive them with a Nakamichi AV10 (high current amp with Harmonic Time Alignment) and they sound really sweet, especially vocals. Keeping within my budget, I have tried several commercial amplifier such as Yamaha and Denon, but they didnt match. I also use the Clarity's with a Yaqin 5881 tube amp (cat-eyes) and an Acurus A250. I've found the Nak to be the best. Clear and warm sounding. I also have a Slim Devices Squeezebox, a Maverick Audio D2 DAC, a Cambridge Audio DACmagic Plus and CD Player and a Nexum Wifi player (to stream music to the Nak via Airplay or DLNA).

Last month, I had a issues with deterioration of the panels due to high humidity and dust in Hong Kong as well as temperature swings with air-conditioning. Scott over at ML said I needed new panels, but its unfortunately out of my budget and god knows how long they would last in this harsh environ. I heard that the dealer gave up the dealership here because of similar problems. Anyway I'm planning to refurbish the panels myself, but will leave that for another post.

Will post pictures soon!

Hi Amey, I want to put pictures up in Member systems. Any idea how the system numbers are chosen? I just completed a rebuild of my Clarity's panels and have put up the procedure in a thread in DIY called "Repanelling ML Clarity's". I have put pics of my system there.

Back