purchased a bal. force 210 , but have a set up ? , help

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fattner

Reaction score
i purchased a balanced force 210 and the man only gave me a single XLR cable , but my mac c2300 has right and left output for a sub ( 2 channel system only ) the guy said to use the lfe input and the put the connect to the output left channel on the preamp , dosent that only give me left chan info to my sub ??? or is that ok ? help do i need anoth xlr cable to make it correct or no ?

It doesn't address that issue , so I will need an additional XLR and hook it form XLR r & L then R&L output on mc

Hola. The standard recording industries, use mono bass info below 100Hz. So the info for bass has equal info left and right.

Hola. The standard recording industries, use mono bass info below 100Hz. So the info for bass has equal info left and right.

Ok so what your saying is using either left or right output XLR connection on my Mac 2300 preamp and connect to the LFE input is just as good as if I used 2 XLR cables ( There are XLR inputs L/R on the balance force 210 and XLR R/L outputs on my Mac C2300 preamp ,it doesn't have a sub out put ,but Mac says to use the output 1or 2 ?

Lfe means low frequency effects. Its a mono input. Try it you might like it. Then, get another cable and do some testing with L&R inputs at the sub. You can use the out No 2 at the pre and keep the connection to the amp as you have it.
The sub has a built in crossover, so only bass will be reproduced.

Last edited:
I purchased a pr of XLR 7 mm long from audio quest ! Comes in next week ,I will post a review to you guys wish . Takecare

If you were using a home theater receiver, it would have LFE mono output. Your (very nice!!!) McIntosh has 3 sets of balanced outputs. You will need two balanced cables to hook up to the left and right balanced inputs of the sub (as you are intending). It should work perfectly. Let us know.

Back