Ethos Panel Not Working

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtucker

Reaction score
One of the panels on my Ethos has stopped playing completely. The LED turns on and the powered bass unit is putting out the proper level, just nothing at all from the electrostatic panel. Is it safe to assume the high voltage board has gone out? I'll be contacting ML in the morning...

Hola. Yes. For that problem, the most common thing is the PSU board. Not a big deal, easy to change. In less than half of a hour you are done. If you want to confirm it, swap the boards, and listen. All what you have to do, first is unplug from the wall the main AC power cord, or detach it from the speaker. Remove the screws that are securing the back plate, and following the cables of the AC female connector, they will go direct to this PSU board. Look and do a drawing of the cables that are secured at the board, and that's it. Put back the cables as the drawing. Also, Martin Logan service department will send to you a procedure to do this, step by step. It is a clever idea to write to them regarding this issue.
Happy listening!

I took a quick peak inside. It looks like there are four circuit cards inside; Ice module, DSP, passive crossover, and what i would call a high voltage card. AC wiring from the back panel goes to several places. I'll see what ML has to say tomorrow. I know I could isolate this by swapping between speakers, but I would like to avoid any excess work. No "Happy listening" for me for a while, I guess I could use the bedroom system (not quite in the same league as the main system).

The ML service team is superb. You will be singing back again with your main system. Again, I wish to you a very happy listening!

Roberto,

You were correct. ML service is first class. I should be up and running in a couple days.

ML sent me a PSU board. It did not fix the problem. After much swapping of panels and circuits from one speaker to the other (I'm an expert at assembly / dis-assembly now), we isolated it to the back plate assembly. Apparently There is a pass through connection to the PSU board that was faulty. ML replaced the back plate assembly and all is good.

Just one final follow up on this thread. After ML got my bad back panel assembly back, they determined that the other was at risk. Even though it had not actually failed, they replaced it anyway as a preemptive measure. How great is that? Really, just the best customer service!

Agreed with you jtucker...they are supporting us as no other company! I had received the same superb service from them! Happy listening1

Latest posts

Back