Cd treatment

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLIFF

Reaction score
Read this tweek years ago somwhere?,so gave it a try.
Spray the back of a cd mat black, and black out the clear bits on the other side with black water proof marker,to stop reflection in the player
result --- hard to say,i think i am getting an improvement ,a bit tighter,maybe, also a bit more quiet,between songs.
I have sprayed a few of my most liked cds,
it doesnt seem to unbalance them in any way.
Would like to hear if any one else plays with this tweek???

I think it would be much better just to get a music server.

The benefit of using a music server is that you're essentially guaranteed "bit-perfect" delivery of the music, regardless of whether you "rip" a CD or download the tracks.

Downloading tracks (Redbook or High-Res) from a REPUTABLE source should be bit-perfect by definition. However, if you're "ripping" a CD, you should use something like dBPowerAmp that uses AccurateRip (see http://www.accuraterip.com for other compatible programs) which verifies the ripped tracks are error free.

The benefit of using a music server is that you're essentially guaranteed "bit-perfect" delivery of the music, regardless of whether you "rip" a CD or download the tracks.

Downloading tracks (Redbook or High-Res) from a REPUTABLE source should be bit-perfect by definition. However, if you're "ripping" a CD, you should use something like dBPowerAmp that uses AccurateRip (see http://www.accuraterip.com for other compatible programs) which verifies the ripped tracks are error free.

+1 .......

Not necessarily. Depends on how the data was ripped, what the destination format is, and what encoder was used to do it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back