Bi-amp

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krozyck

Reaction score
I've had my front two Theos speakers bi-amp for over a year and now there's only sound coming from the bottom speaker and nothing coming out of the panel. Any ideas how to fix this?

Not enough information. Is the problem with one or both speakers? What have you done so far to troubleshoot? Have you swapped speakers, amps, cables, etc?

It's both speakers and I made sure the yamaha r-3030 setting is at 7ch bi-amp. I haven't swapped cables since they were just purchased this year and since it's happening with both speakers.

What happens if you switch the receiver connections? - swap the panel and woofer connections. Does the sound move to the panels?

Well that's interesting, I swapped panel and woofer connections and sound still only comes from woofer. I would have guessed it either switch to the panel or no sound from both. Now I'm more confused.

That indicates that the receiver is okay, but that both panels are dead, which occurred simultaneously, and is highly unusual, so I suspect that that is not the case. I suggest that you go back and check all your connections.

It looks like your receiver is OK. In this particular case where both panels are "dead", it points to a basic issue common to both panels. I gotta ask the obvious/basic question: did you check the AC power going to both speakers?

I'll check all connections again after work including AC power just to make sure. I'll ask an odd question since I too thought it was odd that both would go out at the same time. I just remodeled my bathroom and that caused a lot of tile dust and such. I did cover the panels before it started but is that something if the tile dust did get into the panels that could cause them to not work? Told you it was an odd question.

All connections were good but I have everything plugged into the back of the monstor box so I tried plugging them into different outlets and bingo they work! Thanks for your responses and my ML's are alive again!

Back