Quest Z question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Bubbles

Reaction score
I am new to the forums and also new to ML and electrostats. But I have to say that these things sound amazing! I just purchased my first pair of ML's as well as them also being my first electrostats. So far i absolutely love them. They are a very mint pair of Quest Z's, with original cartons and owners manual. Which to me is a great find as i historically have dealt with vintage audio gear and have been working my way up the audio ladder as i could afford to do so.
At any rate, my question is; How does the wood trim come off of these speakers. The reason i ask is that the only thing i can find wronfg with them currently is that the panels appear to have slid down over the years. this in turn pushed the speaker grille covers down as well. they appear to have stopped when the grilles hit the floor. this is roughly an inch on each speaker. i would like to put it all back in place so the aesthetics are perfect. i would like to know exactly how to do this so that i do not damage the speakers in any way. it looks like the wood trim must come off first and then the grilles would appear to be removable at that point. the best i can tell, the panels were attached using velcro. I failed to take a picture of this so far but can if necessary.
Please help.

I'm not certain about the original Quest's, but on my old Re-Quests you had to lay the speaker down on it's back and then take a wooden or plastic/rubber mallet and tap the bottom of the wood trim up towards the top. There are some screws or pins on the back side of the strip that mate into a keyhole. Once tapped to a point where the head of the pin can clear the laregr hole in the keyhole they will come straight off. To re-install just reverse the process.

After reassembly you should screw a bracket to the underneath of the speaker to prevent the panels from sliding again.

Back