Move summit speakers to 2 channel music system

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
I plan on taking my summits from a theater system to a 2 channel music system! I also have two depth subwoofers and since it's going to be stickley a dedicated 2 channel music system I would like to have your opinions on what I should cross them over at or if I should just forget the subs and use the summits by themselves ? They are suppose to be good to 24hz +or-3db. Thank you!

I plan on taking my summits from a theater system to a 2 channel music system! I also have two depth subwoofers and since it's going to be stickley a dedicated 2 channel music system I would like to have your opinions on what I should cross them over at or if I should just forget the subs and use the summits by themselves ? They are suppose to be good to 24hz +or-3db. Thank you!

Well question is how big is your 2 channel room? I never thought summits needed external subs. I understand it in a HT system.

Congrats on ridding yourself of extraneous rubbish and just enjoying the music :)

Can't comment on Summits, but I cross my Vistas over at 65Hz clean (120dB/Octave) and use a DEQ2496 for sub management.

Can't comment on Summits, but I cross my Vistas over at 65Hz clean (120dB/Octave) and use a DEQ2496 for sub management.
+1 to this. Pretty much what I did when I had my Summits and now with the EP's.

@ Adam: You have a 20th order filter in the DEQ?

My dedicated listening is 14x25 with 9' ceilings and I sold my sub because the Summit Xs alone produced more then enough fantastic bass.

Back