Neolith Question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonNorin

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I just moved to a new apartment. It's just a 260 square meter unit with 2 bedrooms. The living room is about 60 square meters. I am planning to buy 2 neoliths. Is it advisable to have 2 neoliths on a 60 square meter living room?

Okay thanks. But I seem to have been more interested in Neolith. One unit would be acceptable? What do you think?

Hi Guys. I just moved to a new apartment. It's just a 260 square meter unit with 2 bedrooms. The living room is about 60 square meters. I am planning to buy 2 neoliths. Is it advisable to have 2 neoliths on a 60 square meter living room?
60 square meters = 645 sq ft. approx. What are the dimensions? If, say, 20 ft x 32 ft, I think the room would be big enough for Neoliths.

BUT!!! I tend to think it's not a serious question when you ask about buying just one.

Agree - what are the dimensions? 60 sqm is a large space! I would have thought it would be plenty large enough for Neoliths, but it does depend on dimensions and if the space is suitable.

Oops! Sorry, I misread your post. I thought it said "that the entire apartment is 60 sq.meters". Sorry. The room sounds like it's large enough, but the neoliths require high end amplification to make them worthwhile. A lot of money on top of the cost of the speakers. Are you prepared to invest that kind of money?

Jason, congrats on moving into a nice sized apartment. I have my Neoliths in a 64 sq. meter room and it is more than adequate. I love them. IMHO you need at a minimum a room that is 5 meters wide and 8 meters long These speakers are large. This will be tight but doable. You should be fine for space. The speakers play really well with delicate music at low volume such as violin or flute and they are great on complicated pieces. So I say yes it is advisable (and desirable) to have 2 Neoliths in a 60 square meter room). Good luck.

Gary

Back