Replacement panels for SL3, which panels are compatible ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malcesine

Reaction score
Are there any other Logan panels that could be retro-fitted to SL3's ?
I was guessing Ascent and Ascent i might work, anything else from newer models ?

Ascent, Ascenti, and Odyssey panels would work size-wise (but not necessarily w the stock XO and EQ), as they are 48 inches tall. Anything later, such as Vista or Summit, are only 44 inches tall...

Ascent, Ascenti, and Odyssey panels would work size-wise (but not necessarily w the stock XO and EQ), as they are 48 inches tall. Anything later, such as Vista or Summit, are only 44 inches tall...

Thanks Tosh
Is the summit height the only difference - I saw some Summit X panels for sale and just wondered if they could work ?

understand that panels spars are unique to a series of panels so retrofitting a summit panel would take a lot of work to voice right with the bottom end. Different efficiency, compliance and spacing of spares, mounting systems changes would be a huge challenge to fit. It is important to note that replacement panels are built with the same spar and bonding materials as the original so that it is the same speaker, otherwise you would end up who knows what. We do use more modern panel materials though so you would end up better than original in terms of lifespan.

understand that panels spars are unique to a series of panels so retrofitting a summit panel would take a lot of work to voice right with the bottom end. Different efficiency, compliance and spacing of spares, mounting systems changes would be a huge challenge to fit. It is important to note that replacement panels are built with the same spar and bonding materials as the original so that it is the same speaker, otherwise you would end up who knows what. We do use more modern panel materials though so you would end up better than original in terms of lifespan.

thanks peter, will steer clear of summit x panels (its just that they seemed a bargain and a possible upgrade !)
my SL3's panels are actually in great condition and have a good few years left on them

Last edited:
It is important to note that replacement panels are built with the same spar and bonding materials as the original so that it is the same speaker, otherwise you would end up who knows what. We do use more modern panel materials though so you would end up better than original in terms of lifespan.
That sounds like a contradiction? I've seen pics of Aerius and SL3 with ML replacement panels with clear spars, so not the same as original, as you say. (And that's a good thing.)

Back