M-L In-wall on wall surround question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wink

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
In my old ML system I had a dedicated home theater room with 4 Script i's for rear and back surround channels, which blended seamlessly with my reQuests and Theater i. Now that I'm getting back into audio again with the addition of a new home, I don't have the luxury of the HT room to add the larger stats as surrounds. This is ok because I would like to concentrate more on two channel listening with a HT aspect.

I am posting to look for opinions on M-L in-wall or smaller on-wall speakers that will blend well with my reQuests when I want to watch a movie, not necessarily for multi channel music.

Since I've been out of the game, M-L has release a gaggle of these type of speakers, so I'm lost. I am also keeping some older models (i.e. Ticket and Passage) to buy on the used market.

Any guidance is appreciated...

Dan

No response..

My take from the myriad of responses to my post, or lack there of, is that there isn't a decent option for a non-electrostatic ML surround speaker. :(

Hi Dan, with changes to our home my 2 channel system has been moved to a dedicated room. In the living room for HT I was also faced with non floor standing speakers for surrounds. I choose ML's Helos 100 for side and rear though they are mounted in the ceiling. Though they are a non-electrostatic speaker they blend fine with Electromotion mains and Logos center.
I suspect there are many good on/in wall or ceiling speakers that would work and most don't use them hence a lack of suggestions.
Let us know what direction you choose to go.

don't want to put a salesman hat on, but know that we worked hard on them and where designed in the same room as the stats so we can make sure that they will work together. Given ATF and FMT drivers and their near electrostatic virtues in most of our series, we are going to be the best bet in matching up to a stat front. We bought a bunch of good brands during the the development periods and many have fine virtues, but blending to a stat was not their design goal.

I have to say that my two Vanquish that I use for my surrounds mate wonderfully with my Montis/Stage X front three.

Sometimes when gaming, I will spin my character around in a circle just to have the sound pass from each speaker and the timbre matching is excellent.

Last edited:
Back