Greetings from Helsinki, Finland.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xlerb

Reaction score
Hello from Northern Europe to all ML owners.

I have Stereo set having ML Monolith III with passive and Exos crossover. My current amplifier ASR Emitter II Exclusive is integrated one, so I can not use active crossover at the moment. Sound sources I use mainly vinyl and CD and some cases streaming. My music collection is mainly Progressive rock and Classical music added with with some more contemporary pop and rock.

I do love soundstage these old Monoliths are presenting, but recently they got damaged. Therefore I turn to this great forum.

Cheers,
-jla

:welcome: to our corner of the 'net !

Besides being a Monolith owner, I'm also into prog rock, and these speakers really let you hear all the wonderful detail in those complex, layered pieces. But it takes some effort to set them up right.
You are lucky to have an exos, so please find a way to integrate it, as it is waaay better than the passives. Been there done that, you'll be amazed.

I'll reply to you other post about the woofer.

Cheers,

ARS while a great amplifier (one of the best IMHO) is not well suited for active biamping. One possibility is to go with separate pre and feed two amps (one being ARS) trough EXOS crossover but please experiment first as this is speculation.

Back