Montis out of phase

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feltran

Reaction score
I previously had a set of Spires, and I just recently replaced them with a Montis pair. When I ran Audyssey calibration, the Spires never gave me an issue, but both Montis speakers show up with a phase error. If I reverse the wiring, the phase error goes away.

What's the chance both speakers are internally wired incorrectly? Is there a chance the Montis for some reason is intentionally "out of phase"? Should I just reverse the wiring to where Audyssey says everything is good?

Thanks

I'd reverse the + and- cable ends if that sounds better to you and call Martin Logan to get a definitive answer as to what is going on.

I previously had a set of Spires, and I just recently replaced them with a Montis pair. When I ran Audyssey calibration, the Spires never gave me an issue, but both Montis speakers show up with a phase error. If I reverse the wiring, the phase error goes away.

What's the chance both speakers are internally wired incorrectly? Is there a chance the Montis for some reason is intentionally "out of phase"? Should I just reverse the wiring to where Audyssey says everything is good?

Thanks

Room reflexions are confusing Audyssey, ignore... (can happen with dipole speakers)

Agree with MPS, it often is a miss-read of the reflected energy, which I always take as a hint to either dampen the wall behind the speaker (preferred) or move them further out into the room (often impractical).

Please follow my guide for set up and DRC measurements for ELS speakers, as you might be to using a measurement point that is outside the recommended 'box' and that leads to this false positive.

Latest posts

Back