Music sensor!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
Last night I had the volume so low the power blue lights did not turn on. But I was still getting music from the stat panels, and also noticed the one summit was making crackling noise. Turned the volume up and the blu lights came on and the crackling stopped. Any idea what was happing? What powers on when the blue lights come on anything to do with the stat panel or just the power Amos? Thanks

The power supply in your summits has a "signal sensing circuit" built into it which turns off power to the ESL panel after 6 minutes of no signal being detected. This is designed this way so when you shut down your system, the panels will power down by themselves, which prolongs the life of the panel. Unfortunately, at very low volume levels, the signal is not detected and the circuit shuts off power to the panel. For several minutes you will still continue to hear sound coming from the panel and then you will only hear the low frequencies coming from the sub and nothing coming from the panel. The blue lights on the back of the panel will turn off and there's an LED by the power cord that will turn amber. Turn the volume up and the speaker senses the circuit and powers up the panel and you're back in business.

I'm not sure what the crackling you heard was...

This has been discussed before.. Do a search for "signal sensing circuit" to learn more...

Sensor

The power supply in your summits has a "signal sensing circuit" built into it which turns off power to the ESL panel after 6 minutes of no signal being detected. This is designed this way so when you shut down your system, the panels will power down by themselves, which prolongs the life of the panel. Unfortunately, at very low volume levels, the signal is not detected and the circuit shuts off power to the panel. For several minutes you will still continue to hear sound coming from the panel and then you will only hear the low frequencies coming from the sub and nothing coming from the panel. The blue lights on the back of the panel will turn off and there's an LED by the power cord that will turn amber. Turn the volume up and the speaker senses the circuit and powers up the panel and you're back in business.

I'm not sure what the crackling you heard was...

This has been discussed before.. Do a search for "signal sensing circuit" to learn more...

Thanks Tom appericate u taking time to answer my question. Have a nice weekend.

Back