Personal Question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulRS

Reaction score
Hi Everyone;

I come here often but rarely post. Sorry about that. Original Aerius that I never outgrew for 25 years has now been upgraded to the Montis. To say I love them would be an understatement.

I know we all experience this- the speakers have not been playing and are asleep. Don't want to miss the first few notes of music so I wake them up. I used to just turn the (phono) gain up all the way and let the noise do it, but this always seems crude. Now, with a new, quieter preamp it's not enough- it wakes up the woofers but not the panels. I'm almost tempted to put a noise generator on an unused input. What do you do? Silly question? At least I don't leave the dustcovers on :ROFL:

Paul

yeah.. i'm not a fan of the "signal sensing circuit" and wish there was a way to turn it off.. My summits would go to sleep when I turned the volume way down. Don't know that there is a solution to this other than turning the volume up... There has been some discussion elsewhere here on MLO about disabling that circuit in the power supply, but I'm not sure anyone actually did it. :-(

Sleep ?

Call Martin Logan and ask for Scott gribble, he has been very helpful when i had questions! Or email them! They should be able to instruct u on how to correct your problem.

Latest posts

Back