Martin Logan Sequel II - refoaming (First post)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drengur

Reaction score
Greetings fellow ML owners and enthusiasts.

I recently acquired a pair of ML Sequel II's and have been quite happy with them. However I quickly noticed that there was a rattle in one of the bass units when playing certain frequencies or playing loudly. I took them apart and noticed that the foam surrounds of one of the bass drivers was gone.

I have a guy on standby for doing the foam replacement, but I wanted to make sure that I purchase the correct materials for the job.

What do you recommend?

With regards,
Drengur

Hello Drengur, welcome to the forums, nobody answered so I'll ask, is the surround in good shape and just separated from the driver? That was the case with my original Sequel's. That surround was well made and I can't imagine ML changing it to a cheap degradable foam for the II's...I could be wrong though. If it's a cheap broken foam piece I would look online for a kit for refoaming JBL 10" woofers. JBL built some of the best woofers out there.

You live in one of the most lovely places on the planet but, very remote, shipping will be costly, why not just get a pair of new woofers from ML? Contact them online via the service department, ask for a quote, you will need to solder, they are not plug and play replacements. I bet new and shipped is just a 100 or 150 Euro's more than a refoam kit and well worth the added expense in your listening pleasure. If I'm wrong others will jump in. Good Luck!!

Back