Speaker Isolation

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beek

Reaction score
Wanna play around with speaker isolation on the cheap
on Amazon check out washing machine isolators
built to hold 178 lbs. 8
bucks for eight
there working great here:cool:

Hi beek , well you have got my interest on the subject, can you post a pic of them? I have been thinking of making some isolation platforms , made from different materials. Going from a dense metal sheet to ally sheet ,then solid wood sheet to balsawood .then going back the other way, back up to a metal sheet.

Personally, I found EVA Anti Vinration Pads to offer superior decoupling and sonic benefits, especially when used double thickness.

Hi there,

I am a happy new owner of a pair of second hand Aerius and I have been experimenting quite some time with spikes and anti spikes for the last few years.
I have dug up some Ceramic foam "pucks" 60 mm diameter and 20 mm thick. They performed perfectly with my old TDL Transmission Line loud speakers and I compared them on the MLs with spikes and some special plastic compound feet that I use under my Amps and CD player with superb result, but under the MLs the ceramic foam makes the best sound to me.

I made a 22mm MDF plate as a base and placed the ceramic pucks between the MLs and the base plate = great sound!

Latest posts

Back