Room Color

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any ideas for room color in a dedicated sound room?
Thanx ,
beek

Smooth glossy colors reflect the sound, matte finish will dampen the sound. Maybe not. Best to AB. Also AB between a bright color and a more relaxed color. Stripes are good for diffusion

I chose a shade of green that I found relaxing.
You haven't always been in St Pete have you Beek? Come by and see if my green makes you fall asleep or run out screaming. I'm only 45-60 minutes away.

I chose a shade of green that I found relaxing.
You haven't always been in St Pete have you Beek? Come by and see if my green makes you fall asleep or run out screaming. I'm only 45-60 minutes away.

Someone else mentioned blue room with green ceiling
I think thats a little wacky

Smooth glossy colors reflect the sound, matte finish will dampen the sound. Maybe not. Best to AB. Also AB between a bright color and a more relaxed color. Stripes are good for diffusion

Bonzo I am talking about mood not room response, guess you dont get it?

Beek! As you can see from my profile picture, I have gone with a sea foamish color on one wall. It's easily my favorite wall in the house. I recommend that you stop in at a paint Store and talk to the designers about a relaxing color that suits your tastes. Imagination fails completely when compared with a color swatch book. Good luck and be bold.

I thought it was Mook stuff...

Deep Purple. My brother's room was way back in the 70s;)

Seriously I like a simple off white all over.

I chose grey. Whole house is lighter grey, listening room is darker grey. i don't like dark red or purple or green or blue... but that's me.

Actually, I would just keep it light and then add colored matt finish paintings or painted acoustic treatment traps to give some life. Or put sandstone around the listening room, with some wood diffusers in between that would add its own color and decor

Back