Lampi amps

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Reaction score
Posted by one guy on WBF -

I asked Lukasz about the 211 amp and this was his response:

"THis is our best product to date, outshadowing even the DACs. It is not a typical push-pull, which sounds inferior to SET because of damned PHASE SPLITTER circuit. In our amp we do not split the phase, we do not touch it. On the contrary - our monoblock is effectively TWO SET mono amps in one chassis that share a summator output transformer. So not only the signal is as pure as SET but it also gets error cancellations and humming cancellation due to mirroring of the signals.
All that is possible only with true balanced XLR inputs of balanced audio, but our DACS are all balanced internally. Even the Big7 and Golden Gate are now available as balanced.

211 amp unlike many others has ONLY ONE amplification stage in input section - one SET 803Ecc. And it has extremely powerful White Follower drivers per each phase. All in all the amp represents the simplest purest form of 100 W power possible. "

Sounds very promising indeed!

Is this a new amp?

Ja. His previous was 40w, but he never worked on it. He has started again. he will also be doing preamps, with VT99 tube, I think. I hope his seventh version beats Kondo and Wavac at 1/10th the price

Question is how much?

dunno yet, but his pricing is the least worry going by his dac. His policy so far has been low priced final component, with high quality components that beat higher priced stuff.

http://www.lampizator.eu/Fikus/211_AMP.html

That says the existing ones are 20 Watts. 100 Watts will defo drive my speakers. But I won't be buying them. I'm done dumping money on hi-fi for a long time...:)

Those are SE, his push-pull are 100w, there is apparently a drop down there where you can select it. You also said you wouldn't spend any money on the dac when you had your Level 4

One guy here bought. Says Lukasz used a pair of Kondo's to voice them against, and is very happy with the result. The guy Mike who is posting in this thread and is also the owner of that forum was a major critic of the Lampi before listening to it. Then he was loaned one by a friend of his for a couple of days a dac without the PCM circuit burned in and without 101ds. He liked it so much he has gone out and bought a Golden Gate. Anyway, they are now looking at the 211 amps.

http://audioshark.org/lampizator-18...mplifiers-anyone-7274-page2.html#.VUFTlmRViko

See if Greg is getting a pair? You need amps after all.

Nah, I will let Lukasz run through a few iterations before demoing them. They will be good if I go Tune Audio Anima, but not for AA, and both are a fair distance away. I will try to demo these though, if Greg gets a pair

Well I reckon the Animas may well prefer the 40 Watt ones TBH.

I think you like your AAs with solid state but I think I'd prefer the Lampi amps with them. Dunno though til the Lampi amps are heard.

Yeah - wait for 4th - 5th gen Lampi amps LOL.

Back