Montis vs Sanders Sound M10

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, expensive :)
M10 system is almost double than if I had gone for Montis....
I do enjoy the transparency of electro stat....

wow.. almost double the cost of the montis?? Did you get any chance to listen to the model that would be similarly priced as the montis? Just wondered...
So this M10 w/Magtech and active crossover is in the 20K range.....?

I would be curious if Roger would comment .. or has commented on the difference between these designs and the Innersound speakers he designed.....

wow.. almost double the cost of the montis?? Did you get any chance to listen to the model that would be similarly priced as the montis? Just wondered...
So this M10 w/Magtech and active crossover is in the 20K range.....?

I would be curious if Roger would comment .. or has commented on the difference between these designs and the Innersound speakers he designed.....

There is no Sanders system similarly priced as Montis unless you forgo Magtech Amp. He does have a smaller version but I never considered it. If you want to save you can forgo Magtech Amps.... I considered getting Emotiva XPR 2 but back breaking weight was a deal breaker. System can reach 20K if you get 2 Magtech Amps.... I only got 1 Magtech Amp.

Have you tried to put the speakers where the subs are? Just do it, and tell us your findings...I am concern basically with the left side speaker. I had played with the M10b a little bit at a friend's system, and perhaps this way, you could get better stage...nothing costs, and you can go back to the previous position easy. Happy listening!

I will try your suggestion... But I'm on a mini vacation and I return next Thursday :)

I will try your suggestion... But I'm on a mini vacation and I return next Thursday :)

I agree with Roberto - swap the subs for the speakers (and pull the speakers slightly further out).

Make sure you re-calibrate the bass, as it might be a little heavy with the subs in the corners - but then tell us what you find.

I agree with Roberto - swap the subs for the speakers (and pull the speakers slightly further out).

Make sure you re-calibrate the bass, as it might be a little heavy with the subs in the corners - but then tell us what you find.

I thought that the wider the speakers were the better... hence I placed them on each end... previously I had subs almost in front of side panels which is where I got better bass.... But I'm getting very good response with crossover at 50hz.... I'll experiment at end of next week and get back.
I also need to experiment removing some of the corner bass traps to get more reflection from back wall....

Looks very good, spike99.

A couple of suggestions wrt room setup.

I agree with others to consider switching around your sub and main positioning.

Since these speakers are very directional, and don’t spray high frequencies all over the room, you may well find that side wall damping is not needed.

Depending on your room size, and whether or not you wish to have sound optimized for your sweet or for multiple listening spots, you may be able to eschew your front treatment panels altogether. No panels in behind the speakers will likely give you a wider sweet spot that may benefit other listeners. In smaller sized rooms you may have to damp the wall behind the speakers to ensure rear radiation/delay effects don’t play havoc.

Is there a wall behind where you listen? If so, it is best not to have your LP too close to this wall else you’ll end up with a ton of reflected energy back which could cause you serious frequency response grief. In such a case you’ll want to treat the back wall to mitigate such reflection. You might even be able to switch up your front wall panels to a position behind you?

If you are open to considerations for alternate amplifiers, and don't mind buying used, I highly recommend looking for one of Roger’s older Innersound ESL offerings as they are ideal amps to run on the stat panels.

Do spend the time to get these setup right. You’ll be significantly rewarded once you do. Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back