Montis vs Sanders Sound M10

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike99

Reaction score
Hi,

I had been set on getting the Montis... but recently discovered Sanders Sound M10 and they look very interesting....

I have not been able to see much reviews or comments on these... So I wanted to post here... since these are very similar to ML.

I'm sure there are many othere differences but at a glance... below are the differences that I see:
Montis crossover @ 340Hz vs M10 @172Hz
Montis 11" curved panel vs M10 15" straight panel
Montis class D amp vs Magtech A/B
Both are similar priced if you don't include Magtech Amp

Sanders offers 30 day trial.. but have a feeling that if try them... they may not go back... So I wanted to check here and see if anyone has had a chance to listen to M10's

Thanks.

While I've only listened to the Sanders @ Audio shows I've come away with the feeling of 'great sound, albeit at a much reduced sweet spot' and while I haven't seen a pair in several years I was not impressed with the cabinetry vs. Logan

While I've only listened to the Sanders @ Audio shows I've come away with the feeling of 'great sound, albeit at a much reduced sweet spot' and while I haven't seen a pair in several years I was not impressed with the cabinetry vs. Logan

Yes, looked at a video where I was able to get a close up for cabinetry of M10, and I was not impressed... But I suppose that's secondary...

With sweet spot... I suppose this is due to flat panel...

Last edited:
Yes, they do seem to be a small company... Should I be worried ? :)

But really, I was hoping if anyone had any experience with M10 and how does it compare to ML's...

Very nice indeed. You do have to question the value of this though. Sanders is a very small company. Will they be around in 5 years? 10 years?

Good point. :think:

many years ago I had a chance to compare the Sander's Model 10b against my ML Summits see thread http://www.martinloganowners.com/fo...ago-Shooutout-ML-Summits-vs-Sanders-10b/page2 the interesting stuff starts about post 36. To summarize, both speakers are excellent they are definitely in the same league with each other, the sweet spot is small for both speakers, I don't recall that one is much bigger than the other. The cabinet work on the Martin Logan's is nicer than the Sanders, The magtech bass amp provided by Sanders is much nicer than the built in ML one. I had them on a 30 day trial but in the end I kept the ML's I never really intended to switch.

Sander's Sound System is indeed a small company (It is a one man shop). The lifetime warranty is either your lifetime or Roger's lifetime. It is not limited to the 'product lifetime' like most other lifetime warranties that you see today. I know Roger and I would trust his word, he will stand behind anything he makes till the day he dies. I do not think you can say the same for the MBA's running ML and It's holding company. What you are concerned about is who is going to live longer. The first pair of speakers I ever bought had a lifetime warranty of a man (David Beatty of KC) who's word was good as well, unfortunately David contracted cancer and passed away before I did.

Other things to note the original post states
Both are similar priced if you don't include Magtech Amp
The included Magtech amp is for the bass speaker and not the ESL panel you will still need and amp for that as well so they are not really similarly priced if that help you make a decision.

What I really like from Sanders is the amplifiers, all 5 channels of my system is powered by this amps.

Hi Burke..

I actually had read that comparison about a week ago... I think you guys did a good job!! :)

But... your comparison was 10b vs Summit... Not sure how long after... but he later came out with version 10c... and my understanding was is that it was upgraded to digital cross over vs analog for 10b and has a lower crossover from 330Hz to 177Hz.... Not sure how much of an impact for these changes... You up for another comparison ?? :)

In reality, not really concerned about having lifetime warranty... as long as I have minimun warranty of a year... I'm good.

If you're looking for a legit 1 seat stereo room and don't mind the styling, the Sanders' stuff blows away ML in my opinion.

If you're looking for a legit 1 seat stereo room and don't mind the styling, the Sanders' stuff blows away ML in my opinion.

x2. Way better warranty, better amps, built in the USA, better overall sound IMO. The Sanders sounded great at RMAF a year of so back.

x2. Way better warranty, better amps, built in the USA, better overall sound IMO. The Sanders sounded great at RMAF a year of so back.

I finally decided to take the plunge... I placed order and will go with Rogers M10d. A lot of $$, lets see how it goes... I think I will get it possibly on Friday... :D

Ooooh. This exciting ... Gotta hear your impressions. Does this model come with the active external crossover? Great to hear!

I finally decided to take the plunge... I placed order and will go with Rogers M10d. A lot of $$, lets see how it goes... I think I will get it possibly on Friday... :D

Congrats! Here's to many hours of great listening and great music!

Ooooh. This exciting ... Gotta hear your impressions. Does this model come with the active external crossover? Great to hear!

jeje, Yes, exciting :) I think I get them in about 4 business days... It does come with digital cross over - Behringer DCX2496 and a Magtech amp which I intend to use with stat panels. For Bass drivers I will drive them with my XPA 5... It may be under powered but will see how it performs before I upgrade.

Roger recommends me getting rid of my subs JL Audio F112's... He states that his bass driver better integrates with stat panels... Due to space constraint, I would love to remove my subs... but I don't know if I will get the same rumbles I get with my JL F112's... But will test and see...

Well. I have to agree with you about the f112s. However my hunch is the bass from the sanders speakers will be more than adequate and better integrated. Unless uh.... You like monster bass. :)

spike, congrats, looking forward as well to your impressions once dialed in.

Yes, I feel the same way in that I may get better integration with Sanders bass driver... But I really have to test If I get same rumble from movies for me not to use my subs.... But I was thinking about possibly using listening mode named pure/direct for music available in my Integra pre-pro. This mode disables my subs... But doing this it also disables Audssey room correction... and then have a low cross over for movies... In my current setup I do prefer Audyssey engaged though...

I'm sure I will spend some time in dialing them in... But I'm not sure how much dialing I can do.... since my space is limited :) He did tell me about thinking outside the box regarding speaker placement...

Do you guys use subs with ML speakers ?

Back