MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merrygoround

Reaction score
Hi. My name is Graham, picking up a set of a Spires on Monday, banking on them outperforming my ESL57's. Not getting shot of my stunners just yet.

welcome aboard Graham and congrats on the Spires... What you planning on doing with your 57's?? Always wanted to hear those...

welcome aboard Graham and congrats on the Spires... What you planning on doing with your 57's?? Always wanted to hear those...

I've heard our loyal member Scumurculum's '57s.

They are fantastic! I don't know that they'd outperform the Spire, but they certainly do some things better than any speaker I've heard.

Sure, part of the appreciation comes from the shock factor that something that looks like that (and is so old) can sound so marvellous.

So I'd have to reserve judgement until much more extensive listening to make a more complete analysis.

I've heard our loyal member Scumurculum's '57s.

They are fantastic! I don't know that they'd outperform the Spire, but they certainly do some things better than any speaker I've heard.

Sure, part of the appreciation comes from the shock factor that something that looks like that (and is so old) can sound so marvellous.

So I'd have to reserve judgement until much more extensive listening to make a more complete analysis.

The quads are in my opinion as good as it gets for vocal use, they do produce bass, madam medusa on UB40's Signing Off album is proof of that its there, nice and clean. However in the main they do lack grunt and tend it get a bit confused sounding with complicated recordings. But if you can live with that then you won't be disappointed. 1957 and sounding like that makes me wonder just how far we have come.

Back