Sin City (DTS) "Recut * Extended * Unrated"

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Title: Sin City (DTS) “Recut * Extended * Unrated”
Year of Release: 2005
Film Studio: Dimension Films / Troublemaker Studios
Genre: Action / Horror / Crime Thriller

Sin City is an adaptation of Frank Miller’s comic book stories of “Basin City”. Sin City is told in four tales. In each tale the hero #1). Hartigan – Bruce Willis. #2). Marv – Micky Rourke. #3). Dwight – Clive Owen. #4). Bruce Willis again. While each man is an unlikely hero to be sure, it is clear Marv and Dwight are murderers, but all of these men find himself driven to acts of extreme courage and sacrifice in order to see justice done.
Marv seems to who moves through the darkest corners of the city looking for people to kill. Violence is very commonplace in Sin City. If violence was a cause, Marv the poster-boy. Marv is wonderfully played by Micky Rourke. Rourke’s Marv is probably the most memorable character, a hulking thug with a highly developed sense of vengeance. Marv cuts a swath of destruction through his enemies on his way to avenging the murdered love of his life prostitute, “Goldie”. Marv is quit accomplished at torture and killing, of that there is not doubt. Somehow, Marv grows on you; he is kinda funny, taking tranquilizer like they were chickletts. He seems to be unbreakable as well, something Bruce Willis should know something about… :D

The director’s Frank Miller, Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino are uniquely qualified to direct these dark tales, and they accomplish this very well, entertaining with the darkest of humor thrown in here and their just to spice things up. All of the actors are fantastic, a truly powerhouse cast; Bruce Willis, Micky Rourke, Clive Owen, Jessica Alba, Benico Del Toro, Brittany Murphy, Elijah Wood. :D

What is really very amazing is that this entire film was shot in a CGI green screen set. I know this as I watched the making of Sin City, on the second DVD "Bonus" Features disc, as it was filmed in CGI the entire film - fast foreword (12 minutes). It was truly astounding. I just pushed slow motion to see how specific scenes were filmed, more closely... Just the actors were the only things that were real; everything else in the entire film was a special computer animated special effect. I have never seen anything like it. All the background, cars, water, rain and trees everything was computer generated.

On the first DVD disc, disc #1, you can watch the theatrical feature (shorter / cut-up version of the film), as it was seen in the movie theater in DTS sound. Fortunately, on the “Bonus” disc two, for the first time we can watch all four tales in the order in which Frank Miller intended, Uncut, Extended (over twenty minutes added) and Unrated. Also the complete fast-forwarded Sin City in CGI, which is an excellent unique featurette. The Visual effects and sound effect on this film are really quit stunning. Black and White with some color added occasionally.

Sin City is not for everyone, as there is extreme violence, gore and splatter, nudity and did I say violence, a lot of violence… My favorite tale was “The Big Fat Kill”. More than the DTS the Extended version on the Bonus Features disc two was well worth seeing this unusual film. Frank Miller translates to the big screen very well given the right directors and the right actors.

I recommend Sin City it is very entertaining, thrilling, action packed comic book for the big screen film.
I liked it. :D

:D HT relaxed comfortably surrounded in ML bliss, until next time let the movies turn you on…

Attachments

• B000BCKFWK.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B000BCKFWK.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 439
Strange movie, not for everyone.

I liked it, but it was disturbing too.

Worth seeing even if you have to mute or look away during some scenes.

Some of us might replay several scenes over and over. :D

kach22i said:
Strange movie, not for everyone.

I liked it, but it was disturbing too.

Worth seeing even if you have to mute or look away during some scenes.

Some of us might replay several scenes over and over.
kach22i,

I agree. Definitely not for everyone, in fact some folks might be offended, but what-the-hey it's a lot of fun too... :D A very unusual film for sure... :p ;) :D

Latest posts

Back