New speaker positioning????

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi roberto, i have listened to both panels,up close on first listen last night, could not find any holes in the sound maybe a slight increase in volume towards the bottem of each panel, but i think this is just the woofer overlaping,as both speakers sound exactly the same.

The last time i checked , aprox two years ago ,new panels were $2400 a pair.i should have grabbed them then ,the dollar was at parity with the yanky about this time, ;{ . Maybe now i can convince someone to turn one panel 1/2 inch out and tell me what they hear???
Yours may be a bit of a problem to turn, roberto, with their size!!

You know what roberto, shi* happens here too!! Must be a universal type of thing. :}}}
just having another think about it ,i will run my spl meter over them tonight.

I am dieing for someone to try this, i know it goes against everything we know about sound waves,and that it just doesnt make sense.but even negative info ,is still info,we learn frome both i await anyones reply

roberto are you using any form of isolation under your amp.??i have heard of some magnet type of isolation feet i would like to find .at the moment i am using squash balls cut in half ,and they make a very nice difference, cannot help but think two oposing magnets should be the way to go.any thoughts??

Last edited:
Hi roberto, i have listened to both panels,up close on first listen last night, could not find any holes in the sound maybe a slight increase in volume towards the bottem of each panel, but i think this is just the woofer overlaping,as both speakers sound exactly the same.

The last time i checked , aprox two years ago ,new panels were $2400 a pair.i should have grabbed them then ,the dollar was at parity with the yanky about this time, ;{ . Maybe now i can convince someone to turn one panel 1/2 inch out and tell me what they hear???
Yours may be a bit of a problem to turn, roberto, with their size!!

You know what roberto, shi* happens here too!! Must be a universal type of thing. :}}}
just having another think about it ,i will run my spl meter over them tonight.

I am dieing for someone to try this, i know it goes against everything we know about sound waves,and that it just doesnt make sense.but even negative info ,is still info,we learn frome both i await anyones reply

roberto are you using any form of isolation under your amp.??i have heard of some magnet type of isolation feet i would like to find .at the moment i am using squash balls cut in half ,and they make a very nice difference, cannot help but think two oposing magnets should be the way to go.any thoughts??

Under my goods, I use the Shun Mook Diamond resonators. I have under my VT-100MLIII modified, the U.D.R. And under my preamp and DVD, etc, The S.D.R model. (total 4 S.D.R.). Many people think that this Shun Mook things, are mambo jambo. To my ears, its the most fun devices on tweaking audio gear that you can find. Read about Shun Mook, and read the serious reviewers about the Shun Mook Discs, and their mechanical grounding. They explain their theory behind the products and also are patented pending.

I you want a non expensive tweak, just put two lugs of pine wood or similar, under your power amp, size is 3"X2"X15", and make sure that only the chassis it touching the wood, not the rubber feet. This will kill a lot of unwanted low frequency resonance. When you listen at first, you feel that you lost bass, but what it is doing its leaving the real bass, not resonances. The micro-dynamics and the overall resolution is very evident. This method just cost pennies and really makes your system to sing along with the music.

When running your SPL meter, try to play a pink noise. Its like a constant noise, where you have all the frequencies, its like a FM noise without a station. This will help better the measurement. The whole panel should produce an even sound at all their surface. If there are parts where the sound is dull or less SPL, then you have a problem with the panel.

Yes, the panels are very expensive.

Happy listening!

Hi roberto,i will have a good look at shun mook resonators.i have often wondered about them. I like the wood under the amp as well.,
this gives me an idea, if you cut the wood say a inch to two inches so that it sits inside the amps outer edges,you will get a better fit with the amp, and also stop the amps bottem panel from singing. We have all stacked weight on top of our amps,this is a first roberto that i have heard for the bottem panel.i like it a lot !! Will play with it on the weekend, this tweek has plenty of merit!! Well done ,mate.

I can vouch for the UDR under Roberto's preamp. I had him lift the the preamp while I removed the UDR. The difference was not subtle, and was immediately apparent. On replacing them it was back to the original.

I didn't have the heart to ask Roberto to lift his ARC VT100...a heavy beast.

Its better to use a thicker lugs than only one inch. two inches by thereby fifteen is the less size that did work with me. I can't tell you if only one inch will work. OTOH, keep in mind that you need a soft wood, like pine wood. If you use a hard wood, instead of bringing down the line frequency down. it could resonate more. You have to experiment with your woods there.

Happy listening!

Back