Cliff

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLIFF

Reaction score
Hi all another newbe here ,i hail from perth western australia ,originaly from the bush {country} off a farm ,now in the city.i too am chasing the audio holy grail,as they say, its the journey, and not the goal thats important!??may the road be long.:}}

Yes, welcome Cliff. Lot's of fellow travelers here - enjoy the ride. Tell us more about your journey and where you are today.

Yes, welcome Cliff. Lot's of fellow travelers here - enjoy the ride. Tell us more about your journey and where you are today.
well now, it all began thirty odd years ago ,maybe twenty, when a mate walked into work and said " I am off to buy some surround speakers", "huh", said i,And then it began.!!!! well ,then one thing led to another and all of a sudden the 21inch tv was way to small for the surround sound. the 40inch rear projection was fine,----for a while! and now 65inch. does the trick .Speakers went from no name to quadrill.A erman make with a very sweet ribbon tweeter. and today they blend very well with my oddessys, bringing up the rear. amps went frome pioneer to a couple of yammys.and today six channel redgum bi amped {mosfet short run wire sort of deal}and a integra rdc 7 preamp, along with an about to be modded oppo. Tonight my other half and i, are going over to a friends house, for her birthday. shaune and davina have some huge refurbed polks, and sunfire amp.just had his oppo modded here in oz {joe rasmussen} on the other side of oz. so looking forward to hearing how its settling in.

... six channel redgum bi amped {mosfet short run wire sort of deal}

Welcome aboard, Cliff.

Former Redgum (RGi120) owner here. Criminally underrated gear ... and Lindy and Ian are two of the best in the biz.

1.jpg

Hi Pneumonic,i can honestly recommend anyone using a redgum six channel to bi amp, this is a cheaper way of getting there, but by no means a inferior method.

Redgum surround amps , under the skin, are like two channel amps, doubled up. there is nothing missing sound wise. Short wire runs, quality throughout.
connections on the back to each and every amp section . you can tri amp also if needed . and the air it produces is in another world.
a few years back a six channel was not outdone by a krell intergrated in a review, and this was running single channel hookup. I myself, tried it up against a theta two channel, it beat the daylights out of the Theta. The redgum is without a doubt, a audiophile grade surround amp. find one secondhand just buy it!! I will never sell mine.

Back