Dazed and Confused (DTS) "Flashback Edition" found in the "Ultimate Party Collection"

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Dazed and Confused (DTS) "Flashback Edition" found in the "Ultimate Party Collection"

Title: Dazed and Confused (DTS) “Flashback Edition” found in the “Ultimate Party Collection”
Year of Release: 1993
Film Studio: Universal / Gramercy Pictures
Genre: Comedy

Writer / Director Richard Linklater spreads a thick layer of nostalgia over the lens and across the soundtrack of this flashback into high school in the mid 1970’s. The plot begins with a group of high school friends on the last day of high school, 1976. There is the good-natured Randall “Pink” Floyd seems to flow easily between the conflicted worlds of jocks, stoners, wannabes, and rockers with his new freshman buddy along for the ride. Remember souped-up cars and bicentennial madness? I just loved the dialog, “It’s what everybody in this car needs is some good ol’ worthwhile visceral experience.” You might recognize a very young ensemble cast featuring; Ben Affleck, Matthew McConaughey, Parker Posey and Milla Jovovich are outstandingly entertaining, in this surviving high school and “Is their anything more to life?” film.

The high school hazing of the freshman by the seniors really took me back to my old high school daze. I remember being forced to wear a dead trout around my neck all day, yucko… I can still smell that icky dead fish… And then to top it off, I got canned (thrown in a trash can), how embarrassing… Well I somehow managed to survive the experience and so do the freshman in Dazed and Confused. :D

Dazed and Confused has a lot of partying drinking and marijuana use, which also brings back so many memories of my high school daze. I graduated in 1975, so I could really relate to this partying kinda high school experience, in one way or another. Cruising around in our cars looking for a party to go to, then having funny drunk or stoned conversations just like, “George Washington was a farmer, man, and his cash crop was marijuana.” “Martha Washington would help him pick it too, man.” “She stood by him and helped him out a lot too, man.”

I did enjoy the walk down member lane as well as the unique and excellent music of that era. I have both of the soundtrack CD’s, which are available as “Dazed and Confused” and “Even More Dazed and Confused”. Songs like; “Low Rider” - War, “Sweet Emotion” - Aerosmith, “Free Ride” – Edger Winter, “Love Hurts” - Nazareth, School’s Out – Alice Cooper, “Tush” – ZZ Top, “Jim Dandy” – Black Oak Arkansas, “I Just Want To Make Love To You” – Foghat, and “Rock And Roll All Night” – Kiss, to name just a few of the wonderful songs on this soundtrack. :D

I do so remember the bongs and the bell-bottoms and the partying life of high school in the mid seventies. I thought “American Graffiti” was a great film but it didn’t have quite as much nostalgia as Dazed and Confused because I could relate more with the later film, on a more personal level. Dazed and Confused made me laugh out loud through out most of the film. I was genuinely so much fun to experience and enjoy. I thought the cast was an ensemble group each a gifted cool and right-on performance just at the exact correct time. The delivery of perfect comic timing and poignancy.

DTS, what can I say that I haven’t already said in all of my previous review, I got it, “DTS is the only way to fly when it comes to a heavily – “Rockn’ Roll” soundtrack that you may want to crank-up from time to time. :D

A truly excellent film. What can I say it’s one of my all time favorite films…

:D HT relaxed comfortably surrounded in ML bliss, until next time let the movies turn you on…

Attachments

• B00029RTEO.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B00029RTEO.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 153
I'll have to rent this one. No matter how old I get, I still like most so called "coming of age" films.

Dazed and Confused...

kach22i said:
I'll have to rent this one. No matter how old I get, I still like most so called "coming of age" films.
kach22i,

This film really hits closer to home for me. I really related to it from my own personal high school experiences. I think you will like it, it's a lot of fun... :D

Back