stereofile 2015 recommended pre amps

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a bake off a while back where we decided to put a Music First pre + 211 monos just on my previous pair of Apogee's mid range/treble ribbons and the Prometheus TVC (also in that list) plus some 500W W4S monos on the bass.

I wasn't in the room when I was called in to the hail of "the walls have disappeared". It was a freaky moment. Indeed it really did sound that way. Truly holographic mid range. We all sat there stunned! One of those moments that make it all worthwhile:)

I will tell you this from my recent auditioning experience over the past year. Includes a different speaker, amp and now a CDP from my current gear. All are "highly" rated per the reviews. The first two were crash and burn. The third is a work in progress with me currently auditioning three different IC's from CDP to pre. I maybe three for three but I hope not.

These ratings and subsequent reviews are only guidelines. Don't put too much faith in them. Proof is inserting Box "A" into your system and make your own determination. And, of course, make sure the mystery "item" is fully broken in.

GG

Back