Krell or Pass Labs?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtucker

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a new amplifier for my Ethos. Krell S-550i integrated or Pass Labs INT-150 integrated...Any recommendation form the group?

Thanks,

J. Tucker

Going through a recent amp search, my vote is for Pass Labs. Disclaimer: I am biased toward simple circuitry with beefy well designed power-supplies, and Nelson Pass's design reflects this methodology well. I really liked the older KSA and FPB series of Krell, and I wanted to like the recent Krell amps, but I was always able to find something which sounds better on Logans. Best of luck with your search.

I tend somewhat that way also, especially since I am a power supply designer by profession.

Buy the Pass Labs from Mark at Reno Hi Fi. He's the largest Pass dealer in the USA and perhaps the world. His pricing is very competitive and he's a wonderful person to work with.

Also, you have a two week audition / return policy. If you return, all you will be out is the shipping costs back to Reno.

Try to find the same arrangement for the Krell and then you will know for sure.

GG

I have a local seller with the INT-150, supposed to be excellent condition. I'm going to check it out tomorrow. I'm sure it will be plenty of power for my Ethos.

I'm also a big fan of Pass gear with ML.. and their customer service is OUTSTANDING. Had to send my X5 in for service and they were just awesome.

Well I was able to strike a deal on the INT-150. I'll post my impressions in a couple days.

(snip) Disclaimer: I am biased toward simple circuitry with beefy well designed power-supplies, and Nelson Pass's design reflects this methodology well.
Indeed! He is a transistor wizard. Plus Nelson is very generous with his designs and understanding on the Pass section of diyaudio forum. Best amps there ever will be.

I am wondering why Martin Logan chose to showcae the Neolith using Krell amps instead of Pass Labs. Could it be synergy that Martin Logan would showcase the Neollith paired with Krell?

Back