Recommendations on streamer for flac

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so..I've had my Bluesound Node a full day now. The sound quality difference over the Connect is absolutely noticeable. Much more detail especially in the low end. It has me questioning weather I even need a subwoofer (especially since I live in a condo). The app however isn't quite as good as the Sonos app. The biggest problem I see if album cover artwork issues, but the app it self isn't as intuitive as I would have liked.

That said, I'm happy with the performance overall. It's better than my Connect, even when the Connect is being run through a Peachtree Dac-It.

Much as I liked my Squeezebox plus DAC, I’m no longer using it. Most streamers like the SB need some sort of computer for storage anyway. So I went with a Mac mini for the playback as well. Inaudible, minimal footprint, looks right at home in my rack with the other brushed aluminium gear. Much better than any SB in fact. iPads do remote duty. I’m using a USB-to-Coax converter to connect the mini to the DAC. On the software side, mostly iTunes through Audirvana Plus, or JRiver.

I'm wishing I would have given the Marantz a shake before jumping on the Node. The Node sounds great, and the apps are nice looking and flow well, but the usability isn't quite there yet.

Back