Krell S-550i with Ethos?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtucker

Reaction score
Title pretty much says it. I'm thinking about getting a Krell integrated to power my new Ethos. 550 wpc into 4 ohms. My main criteria; plenty of powe reserve, balanced inputs, preamp outputs to allow for a second low power amp to drive remote speakers. Any thoughts about this? I could also go with a separate amp as I have a Parasound Halo pre w/ two pre outs and balanced connections.

BTW, I'm really happy I went with the Ethos rather than the Theos (or some other non ML I was considering).

Thanks,

J. Tucker

Title pretty much says it. I'm thinking about getting a Krell integrated to power my new Ethos. 550 wpc into 4 ohms. My main criteria; plenty of powe reserve, balanced inputs, preamp outputs to allow for a second low power amp to drive remote speakers. Any thoughts about this? I could also go with a separate amp as I have a Parasound Halo pre w/ two pre outs and balanced connections.

BTW, I'm really happy I went with the Ethos rather than the Theos (or some other non ML I was considering).

Thanks,

J. Tucker

I have spent time with the 300i and smaller ML'S great bottom a touch hot on top but nice just the same YMMV

I don't know too much about this particular unit but looking a the specs you should be very happy with it! I run all Krell amplification on my ML system and absolutely love them. I am using older generation amps (KSA 300s, KAV 250/2 (2 of them)) and also the Krell S-1200U processor. Anyway, the Krell's have pretty much unlimited power reserves and the sound is phenomenal imo. I would suggest using a subwoofer though if you don't already have one. Good luck and go for it!

I am thinking a bout a sub. One of the reasons I went with Ethos was i felt I did not absolutely have to have one. I used to have REL strata II when I had my Maggies, but sold the sub when i sold the Maggies as I replaced them with Infinity IRS Gamma. Now the Gammas are long gone also. My budget for a sub is somewhat limited. know anything about Depth i? Ideally I may need to consider a wireless sub as I may not be able to place it anywhere that I can route cables.

About the Krell...dou you have an opinion about the 55 integrated vs say a KAV-2250 that I could use with my Halo P3?

projectormovielover...I saw your PM...did you get my reply(you did not as your mailbox is full...please let me know your direct contact info or clear out some space)? I want to stay on the 2-3k range, and if I go integrated I can sell both my current amp and pre. I am interested in any suggestions you may have.

Last edited:
Sorry J I had no idea my box was full, I bet a couple of guys here are gona be thinking I am a jerk for not replying back lol. You can pm me anytime as I cleared that out.

Latest posts

Back