Turrialba Volcano Ashes are now here...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roberto

Reaction score
Hola amigos: Our Turrialba Volacano is sending to the Central Valley of San Jose, our Capital, and of course to my house, a lot of volcano ashes. My house entry is facing East, and its a small two story house. The dust from the Volcano its coming form the East and also its so thin, that you have it everywhere. I have had vacuumed my CLXs every day. My guitars, my cds, my turntables are full of this dust. I hope that this kind of ashes, will not harm my speakers...

Oh well!, this is paradise, so I will not bother about it! Happy listening!

Roberto, sorry to hear about that. Have you considered covering your CLXes when they are not in use?

But yes, that IS paradise.

Yes Bro, I am using the original covers that ML sent along with them. But believe me, dust is everywhere!. Its so thin, that the air is moving it to places that I never thought it was possible. I hope that this dust will not make chemical reaction, producing a corrosion. I know this is Nature. I also know, that this ashes are a blessing for all our land. At the beginning its a problem, but it really fertilized the soil. I can not complaint about this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=vol...S-4IPAAQ#tbm=isch&q=volcan+turrialba+erupcion

You seem to take it very well, but I think I would be hoping for a change in wind direction!

There is no way that that is going to happen. There is a kind of big V between the two mountains that circle our valley at the East. The right side is the Turrialba volcano, and at the left side its the Irazu Volcano. Costa Rica has over 100 volcanos, and some are active, like the Turrialba. We have a saying here: when there is a bad time, put a happy face!...this is the reason why we are the happiest country on Mother Earth! (LOL). In 1963, just arriving Mr. John Kennedy to our College of Costa Rica, the Irazu volcano started to throw a lot of ashes. Now this Turrialba volcano started on October, and now its throwing big rocks too. Look this video, so you can get an idea of what I am getting here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dqWi8MZCK8

I had major water pipe exchange work done in my apartment / building. It took totally something like 9 week to complete and dust was everywhere. You know when they are diamond cutting concrete, it's very fine and will attach to everyplace. I had all my equipment including speakers covered with plastic film and this film was taped to the floor so there was no chance for air channel, dust moves with air.
Everything was just fine and dust free when finally removing the plastic. The biggest concern was the bill which was about twice what I paid for CLX :rolleyes:

IMG_2787.jpg
This is what I am using with the aid of the vacuum cleaner. It really sweeps all the dust!

Roberto, hopefully you'll get through all of this with minimal inconvenience.

Thanks for the best wishes Dave...I have an Asthma not so bad...every one is having it due to the ashes. But its good, because it acts like a vaccine. Snorting and having a running nose, its nothing, thinking of the benefits for the land in a couple of years. These ashes are a truly natural food for the soil. I am thinking in the wild animals that live there at the mountain. I hope that they are OK. Everything is cool. Nothing to be alarmed or worried. Just the annoyance of the super thin dust. Happy listening!

Back