Sandstone and other pics

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Reaction score
Here are great pics of the Lampi 7 and Trinity room I was in. You can see that all his wall is covered with Sandstone, which is cheap, and he said putting it in reduced his high lap echo drastically. He also has some custom made diffusion and a couple of SMT acrylic wings. No absorbtion

Attachments

• jqPZWL.jpg
    jqPZWL.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 4VA15P.jpg
    4VA15P.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 8rN7yX.jpg
    8rN7yX.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 63
  • vcxFnY.jpg
    vcxFnY.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 64
  • vYTh9K.jpg
    vYTh9K.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 63
That's a damn nice room with some damn nice equipment. Can't help to think it needs some absorption though - even a little more carpet might be enough.

That's a damn nice room with some damn nice equipment. Can't help to think it needs some absorption though - even a little more carpet might be enough.

The sound was nice, Magicos aside.

I heard those MSB amps driving some ProAcs and really liked the combo. I'm not a Magico man either.

Where was that?

I heard those MSB amps driving some ProAcs and really liked the combo. I'm not a Magico man either.

Where was that?

This was the same Lampi vs Trinity room in Poland I posted about last week. The one where totaldac usb outperformed the Audioquest Diamond USB heh. Just posted the pics late.

ProAcs top of the line have a much better bass quality than Magico/Wilson to my ears. They are not ported and are transmission line downward firing.

And a better listening seat. That IKEA chair just doesn't cut it.

This is a room within a room. He has double doors, you open this inward, and other one outward, if I remember right

Ha ha, Ikea chairs are ok if you don't have a lot of space, I use three of them in my audio room. I agree, there are better, more comfy chairs, though.

You need to keep the 3 in a triangle, one in the centre, and the other two at 5 o clock and 6 o clock. The further away from each the more will be your soundstage. Justin won't hear it though

You need to keep the 3 in a triangle, one in the centre, and the other two at 5 o clock and 6 o clock. The further away from each the more will be your soundstage. Justin won't hear it though
Surely you mean 7, not 6 o'clock. Let me guess.....you wear a digital watch! :)

Sidebar question.

Do these speakers generally require that much room treatment?

I really like the sandstone. Looks very cool and non invasive from a visual perspective.

Sidebar question.

Do these speakers generally require that much room treatment?

I really like the sandstone. Looks very cool and non invasive from a visual perspective.

He put that in ten years ago when he made the room. All treatment is mostly diffusion, reduced the slap echo drastically, he said. Looks great too, and cheap. Another guy had fabricated stones. Beautiful and cheap. The SMT I could demo, and they brought in focus.

Back