Newbist 1st post - Devialet Amplifier w. Sam for either ESL or Theos?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ultralight

Reaction score
Greetings Everyone,

Very glad to find this forum. First post.

Anyone here use Devialet amplifiers and turned on the Sam setting for either the ESL or the Theos? With both, the bass extension supposedly reach down to 20hz with a fair bit of excursion though protected.

Curious if you feel that Sam makes a significant difference on your ESL or Theos at all. And if you did, which model of the Devialet?

Thanks in advance for any informed comments.

UL

Greetings Everyone,

Very glad to find this forum. First post.

Anyone here use Devialet amplifiers and turned on the Sam setting for either the ESL or the Theos? With both, the bass extension supposedly reach down to 20hz with a fair bit of excursion though protected.

Curious if you feel that Sam makes a significant difference on your ESL or Theos at all. And if you did, which model of the Devialet?

Thanks in advance for any informed comments.

UL

From my experience with the Summits, Devialet was a bad match for Logans and was the one amp I would not own. I have heard it with ESL as well though not with the SAM. Really bad. Their was another guy here who doesn't post on this forum these days owned the Devialet with Sam and used it on his Montis. He finally agreed to try another amp, tried the Sanders, and now prefers the Sanders. He put the Devialet in his bedroom system with the Sonus faboer monitors.

Latest posts

Back