More mooks, awesome tweaks

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bro, if you follow their instructions step by step, you will be in the real analogue world. This turntable is one the best turntables that I did play with. The silence of the motor, belt drive system, and the three different springs, with a very stable suspension, its a jewel to use. Not too complicated my friend...

I try to keep my acoustics well outside of the room. They just ring badly. Stop the music when playing loud and they just carrying on ringing. BAD idea. Anti-traps, really.

Agree..... I don't quite understand that room - where's the listening seat?

Last edited:
Wow, that room is total diffusion, and not all in a productive way (not to sound overly critical).

So it's New Zealand. And ?????

So, I got my first half right (Who's your favorite cricketer and why is it Brendon McCullum). Aussies are the stronger team, but I think it will be India. Need a bit of luck - bat first, a loose MJ, quick Warner and Maxwell wickets.

So, I got my first half right (Who's your favorite cricketer and why is it Brendon McCullum). Aussies are the stronger team, but I think it will be India. Need a bit of luck - bat first, a loose MJ, quick Warner and Maxwell wickets.

I think it will be Australia. As you say, a lot depends on the toss - and the shape of the pitch - it looks like it won't be helping Johnson at all. Warner's wicket can fall cheaply at times - I can only hope it doesn't tomorrow :)

I definitely would need the ice hockey to keep from falling asleep watching cricket.

HAHA - I love it when people say that. You sound like my mother :)

There is so much tactics in cricket - "how is he going to dismiss him" - is he going to go for a yorker, then a short ball to trick him, or is he going to try to hit square on the stumps? It is by far the most interesting sport to watch (in my opinion). I save falling asleep for when the footy is on.

I definitely would need the ice hockey to keep from falling asleep watching cricket.

You know, this is similar to people who think classical music is slow and boring and rap is fast. Yes, if the brain can only register notes at broader intervals. But if you can get the excitement from the transients, the pauses, the sudden rushes, and understand that what makes it exciting is just that it packs so much more details than a plain 4*4 beat, then you will love your cricket. Takes a while to appreciate it, like classical.

You know, this is similar to people who think classical music is slow and boring and rap is fast. Yes, if the brain can only register notes at broader intervals. But if you can get the excitement from the transients, the pauses, the sudden rushes, and understand that what makes it exciting is just that it packs so much more details than a plain 4*4 beat, then you will love your cricket. Takes a while to appreciate it, like classical.

Great analogy! By the way, Sydney has been rather wet, so the pitch will be slower than normal. Looks like some of MJ's bite might be tamed at least; but if he can exploit the bounce then maybe not. India might win - you may be right after all.

Last edited:
I disagree. It does not take a while to appreciate classical music. Either you like it instantly, or you don't. Me, anyway. I could never grow to like Mahler, or Shostakovich, or Messaien.

I haven't watched cricket in decades, so maybe I shouldn't comment on it, but my recollection of it was that it was incredibly boring, with nothin much happening, except for the occasional polite applause, and remarks like, "Good show, old chap. Smashing!". Then everybody goes back to sleep.

I disagree. It does not take a while to appreciate classical music. Either you like it instantly, or you don't. Me, anyway. I could never grow to like Mahler, or Shostakovich, or Messaien.

I haven't watched cricket in decades, so maybe I shouldn't comment on it, but my recollection of it was that it was incredibly boring, with nothin much happening, except for the occasional polite applause, and remarks like, "Good show, old chap. Smashing!". Then everybody goes back to sleep.

I love using the beginning of Mahler 2 for auditioning. That explosion, not many systems can do

Back