Electromotion Esl's with room treatment.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ML Goat

Reaction score
I haven't posted in here for a long time. I've had my logan's for about 2 yrs. Went last Sat and listened to some Focal Aria 926's and Triton 2,7's. They also had Electromotion Esl's there so I could compare.. There was no comparison,the logan's spanked the other pair. The Focal's build quality was 2nd to none tho. Incredible looking speaker,sounded excellent also. Anyways,My friend had some left over room treatment stuffing. I'd have to get new stuff,but I wanted to try it out. Make a pretty big difference. I can't pull my speakers 5' out,there is no room for that,about 36" is about it.
But with the room treatments behind the speakers,it tightened the image big time. I got all of the sound stage,plus the image. My room is kind of weird. Its open on one side,while the other side,I have about 2' from the side wall. So I don't know if something could be going on there. With the treatment behind the speakers,you can tell the bass is a little bit bloated. Not sure how to handle that tho.

great you loved the electromotion . I do love focals too
the bass can be tightened up by using stands like this from Townshend

http://www.townshendaudio.com/hi-fi...e-cinema-vibration-isolation-speaker-podiums/

hope others can advise more re room treatment
I use summit x in a room 13 foot by about 17ft with very modest room treatment and greatly enjoy them
the base of the speaker is about a foot from the wall as otherwise my wife would walk into it

very enjoyable indeed

great you loved the electromotion . I do love focals too
the bass can be tightened up by using stands like this from Townshend

http://www.townshendaudio.com/hi-fi...e-cinema-vibration-isolation-speaker-podiums/

hope others can advise more re room treatment
I use summit x in a room 13 foot by about 17ft with very modest room treatment and greatly enjoy them
the base of the speaker is about a foot from the wall as otherwise my wife would walk into it

very enjoyable indeed

Holy crap,those look awesome? I didn't see a price,they can't be cheap. What do you think about changing the rake? Summits are huge,and your room is smaller than mine,they must dominate that room.

these are some photos , using with a stunning msb s200 and sounding awesome . yes I know they would be even better away from the wall but I do have modest home made room treatment hanging behind and the stands really made a massive difference but they sounded great before
had them over 3 years now and no intention of parting voluntarily

I haven't posted in here for a long time. I've had my logan's for about 2 yrs. Went last Sat and listened to some Focal Aria 926's and Triton 2,7's. They also had Electromotion Esl's there so I could compare.. There was no comparison,the logan's spanked the other pair. The Focal's build quality was 2nd to none tho. Incredible looking speaker,sounded excellent also. Anyways,My friend had some left over room treatment stuffing. I'd have to get new stuff,but I wanted to try it out. Make a pretty big difference. I can't pull my speakers 5' out,there is no room for that,about 36" is about it.
But with the room treatments behind the speakers,it tightened the image big time. I got all of the sound stage,plus the image. My room is kind of weird. Its open on one side,while the other side,I have about 2' from the side wall. So I don't know if something could be going on there. With the treatment behind the speakers,you can tell the bass is a little bit bloated. Not sure how to handle that tho.

What amp do you have

I used to have an Emotiva XPA 3,sold it,I heard no difference between that and my receiver. I do not crank up the volume like some people. I listen at normal levels,so I felt it was a waste of money. I have an Emotiva UPA 200 driving my motion 4 height speakers.

When I get treatments,do I want 2 or 4" behind the Logan's? Does it matter?

Bloated bass can come from both room and the amps. I find that SS amps can tighten the bass while valve can bloat it in the wrong room, at least with my Summits. Try both with and without treatment with panels. The further away from the wall the better, with or without

Another thing,does the room treatment panel have to be the full length of the electrostat panel?

Back