4 pics: Aries Cerat Diana and Tune Audio Anima

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Reaction score
So Animas have always been one of my top 3, but I have previously heard it with Modwright gear, and as it is a 105db horn, wanted to hear it with lower powered valves. So went to Paris today, and wow. I have never heard music as live as this. Best reproduction of orchestra and Jazz, great on vocals. This, along with another horn that I had demoed in Berlin, are my ultimate dream speakers, topping the Analysis.

As you can see below, the color he had chosen for his wood was atrocious, but you can get really high WAF wood. Anyway, he had this almost 250lb integrated valve amp called Aries Cerat Diana, which sounded brilliant. Bigger than a Krell. We used a nice French CD player called Eera Stanton to play CDs and then compared it to the Verdier Platine turntable. With this speaker as the ultimate goal, I can stick to 2-ch without trying to buy an Auro 3d type corrector.

Very live room, without treatment, yet sounded great. I have heard these in three different rooms now sounding great, today with this gear, previously with Modwright, and once with two Devialet monoblocks

Attachments

• 20150321_101741.jpg
    20150321_101741.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 388
  • 20150321_114747.jpg
    20150321_114747.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 277
  • 20150321_114757.jpg
    20150321_114757.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 272
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
They look like giant rooks from a chess set. Bet they would look great though in some nice wood with stain as opposed to a painted finish, especially since the midrange horns are so beautifully turned in wood. I assume there are some downward firing bass drivers in the "rooks"?

The amp looks awesome too!

They look like giant rooks from a chess set. Bet they would look great though in some nice wood with stain as opposed to a painted finish, especially since the midrange horns are so beautifully turned in wood. I assume there are some downward firing bass drivers in the "rooks"?

The amp looks awesome too!

Yes they can be painted or wood. And are downward firing. Best in corners against the wall.

Here are some pics

http://www.stereotimes.com/post/munich-high-end-2013-part-3

http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/roadtourburen2/2.html

They are shite with Modwright. You missed them in Munich 2011 with Aries monos which are probably much more expensive. For classical music that was a great setup.

Last edited:
They are shite with Modright. You missed them in Munich 2011 with Aries monos which are probably much more expensive. For classical music that was a great setup.

Yeah one of those reviews mentions it was the highlight of the 2011 show with the Aries. Valves on this are the way to go. This guy also had their bottom pre and a heavily modded jolida power that sounded nice, but not as good as the Aries integrated

They have them in a demo room not far from here but with modwright. Must try and listen sometime but getting those past the wife might be hard !

Jack's I guess in Malvern? They do need to be heard with some very open sounding valve amps. They really excel then. Well I think so. The MW kit is very good but as now Kedar and I think not the best match for these particular beasts.

One can but hope that the Animas sport a considerably better driver integration than the Marvels, with their,IMHO, weirdly disconnected, bolted on peaky treble !

One can but hope that the Animas sport a considerably better driver integration than the Marvels, with their,IMHO, weirdly disconnected, bolted on peaky treble !

I don't like the marvel and prime, they are just too small. Horns need to be big

Is it just me? I couldn't see myself living/relaxing in that room with the horrible colour scheme, butt-ugly speakers, and equipment all over the place.

Is it just me? I couldn't see myself living/relaxing in that room with the horrible colour scheme, butt-ugly speakers, and equipment all over the place.

Yes the colour sucks, but if you open the review links I posted, you will see you can get it in much different colors. Not sure what was on with his coloring scheme.

Yes the colour sucks, but if you open the review links I posted, you will see you can get it in much different colors. Not sure what was on with his coloring scheme.
I would find the speakers ugly regardless of the colour. What I was commenting on was the colour scheme of the whole room.

I would find the speakers ugly regardless of the colour. What I was commenting on was the colour scheme of the whole room.

One day I will buy them. The wood is beautiful actually. And once you hear the brass on this, you can't listen to it on anything else. The Tuba at the beginning of Bydlo (Pictures at an exhibition) will make you go crazy, so will all the brass Scheherezade second movement. And Jazz. Great separations and violins too

Jack's I guess in Malvern? They do need to be heard with some very open sounding valve amps. They really excel then. Well I think so. The MW kit is very good but as now Kedar and I think not the best match for these particular beasts.

Yes bd audio , I think modwright is excellent value but I guess the tunes matching with them seems to be in doubt

That doesn't look like a home, but a room of a warehouse or some kind of business building. Steel doors? Check out the door closing mechanism on the door behind the right speaker.

Back