NAT Audio

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Reaction score
This guy bought the NATs on my reco - after auditioning them of course. Check what he has to say
http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...-giant-killers&p=309286&viewfull=1#post309286

An extract "Despite the steep learning curve I'm having, they do something that I only hear in pricier gear like the $25k Koda K10 preamp, $15k Connoisseur line stage and $100k+ Ypsilon SET100 monos. And that is total tonal saturation thru the mids into the bass which doesn't cross into euphonic cloying warmth, so bridges the gap to how instruments and voices sound live, making the listening experience more like the real thing, more immersive, and I believe has a positive effect on subconscious awareness of timing cues.
Much as I loved my Hovlands and Audions, I got nowhere near this expression of colour and density w/them.
A total triumph, and at price levels 3-5x cheaper than SOTA offerings which I find hard to believe are vastly superior (I had a long stint w/the $25k Koda and wouldn't swap the Nats for it), it's a brand that a lot more discerning listeners here should seriously consider."

Last edited:
On for demo at my place

Attachments

• 1427436147132.jpg
    1427436147132.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 76
Home demo then Bonzo, nice . How did you manage to persuade the Dealer/ Distributer that you might actually be a credible potential purchaser this time ?

Last edited:
Home demo then Bonzo, nice . How did you manage to persuade the Dealer/ Distributer that you might actually be a credible potential purchaser this time ?

Do you know how much I have purchased from dealers over last year? Btw, I don't even know you.Also, how do you this is a dealer?

For the record, my Lampi, previous AR Reference, and current Veritys have been purchased from dealers/distributors.

Last edited:
Well the clue should be obvious enough in the use of " the " rather than " A or An " and might just reference to the following!

Justin Peter has told me to contact him only when I want to buy something :D - to be fair I have learned from him the most yet not bought anything

Well the clue should be obvious enough in the use of " the " rather than " A or An " and might just reference to the following!

So since you follow my posts so keenly (I am sure you must have learned a lot about cricket and mooks) - you will have noticed I said in that post you highlighted that 'I have learned from him' - unfortunately, the last demo I had with him taught me a lot, which actually rendered that demo useless - I kind of actually had to start looking at things from a newer perspective. Since you have been on the forum much before I, and have followed my learning curve so keenly, I am sure you understand.

Which actually means I can't pick up things immediately without going through the learning curve, and accepting that I know less at current time and will know more tomorrow (this was especially true around a year ago).

Btw, if it helps, there are only two home demos that haven't resulted in a purchase, though one had products that were really bad, and for the AA, it happens to be a favorite speaker.

The only problem I have with your post, Harlequin, is that while I am pretty open on this forum, your remark comes across as snide, and your memory of my post from months ago creeps me out, tbh, given that you are not someone I know or banter with.

Also, for the record, I have been instrumental in a major sale made by that dealer, something the client has acknowledged - and I do make these referrals because apart from the fact that i like their products, I do owe Peter (and my Lampi dealer) for teaching me a lot about auditions and classical concerts.

And yes, people are paid for the audition too

Last edited:
great to read that chaps experiences of the nat . I absolutely adore trying different pre amps and its so marvellous trying all the different presentations of each one . maybe oneday I will get to try a nat but not easy as not common in UK

Back