Cartridge recommendations please - especially any based on direct comparisons..

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.........Transfiguration..........

Further to the above tease, I have finally made my cartridge replacement decision. Enticing though the Etna seems ... I decided to try the Transfiguration Proteus, on grounds of enjoying the Transfiguration brand's neutrality with previous models (especially Temper). I felt if I went for the Phoenix I would hankered after the Proteus. So that's me happy ......and a lot cheaper than the Etna. Back enjoying the vinyl alongside digital.....my previous Phoenix was well knackered and sounding edgy+++!!!

Really enjoying music with the Proteus, just lets the music flow through it, and draws you right in. Very balanced over the frequency range and plays each instrument true to its own timbre and tonality. Its high resolution allows you to enjoy the elements of the music and the intent of the performers. Captures reverb and venue/recording acoustic particularly faithfully which really adds to the enjoyment, especially of natural percussion. Highly recommended and in a different league from the original Phoenix, makes recordings more interesting and even very poor ones listenable..... Having fun listening to Hymns to the Silence by Van the Man, on Stax 009 ( my good lady practising a song next door!!)

Back