Why We Love Mono Block Amplifiers So Much?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peter,

6moons ~ review of this particular amp. was just glowingly great. I guess the ICEpower modules are proving to be wonderful sounding when running in full bandwidth, as you say... Thanks for the additional information.... :D

Anyone have one of these yet? I thought about picking one up. This was the 6moons review

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/eone/s300.html

Thanks!

"ever-warm" probably switches off the B+ and leaves the heaters on, allowing the tubes to remain warm w/o shortening tube life dramatically. On start up the B+ comes up and voila peak sound.

Yes, my BAT pre-amp and Aesthetix phono stage both do the same thing. In addition to being "ready to play" it is also said to extend tube life because there isn't so much of a thermal shock at startup. It's actually fairly common in tubed equipment.

Pass Labs ~ Phenominal XA-100 Mono-Blocks...

Nelson Pass in offering audiophiles true Class "A" amplified beautiful power is right-on with his amazing XA series. :cheers: Check-up these XA-100 mono-block beauties... :drool: :band:

Attachments

• Pass Labs - XA100 Mono-Blocks.jpg
    Pass Labs - XA100 Mono-Blocks.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 375
  • XA100 - Close-up.jpg
    XA100 - Close-up.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 322
Big Boulders....

I knew I had some better pictures of the big Boulder 2050's. Here is a shot I took at Audio Unlimited, one of the premiere high end dealers here in Denver. It shows one of the monstorous 2050's hooked up to some JM Lab Mezzo Utopia Be's. This is such an amazing system. You can see how huge the Boulders look next to the BAT 600SE mono's - themselves no slouches!

Attachments

• BoulderBATUtopias.jpg
    BoulderBATUtopias.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 291
The front end for this system is amazing too - mostly Boulder 20 series, but some help from ClearAudio, Aesthetix, Mark Levinson and Accuphase as well...

Attachments

• Boulder Front end.jpg
    Boulder Front end.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 327
The JM Lab Mezzo Utopia Be...one of the very few speakers I'd trade my Martin Logans in on.

Attachments

• Mezzo.jpg
    Mezzo.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 296
ClearAudio Master Solution TT...?

The front end for this system is amazing too - mostly Boulder 20 series, but some help from ClearAudio, Aesthetix, Mark Levinson and Accuphase as well...
Tim,

Is that the ClearAudio Master Solution TT on the left, as you look at this photo? :D I didn't know it was apart of this amazing system... Wow! :drool: :D

"Chord ~ Mono-Blocks".... Nuf Said...

:clap: Gorgeous Chord SPM 14000 mono-blocks.... Lovely..., truly Lovely.... :drool: :drool: :drool:

Attachments

• Chord SPM 14000 - Mono-Blocks.jpg
    Chord SPM 14000 - Mono-Blocks.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 266
I have heard the Chord actually an entire system 2 mono amps & preamp. I thought they were way over privced and did not sound that great. No wow factor for me.:eek:

Jeff:cool:

I have heard the Chord actually an entire system 2 mono amps & preamp. I thought they were way over privced and did not sound that great. No wow factor for me.:eek:

Jeff,

Just curious as to where you heard them? I've yet to hear them.

Statman,
Sound Factor in Encino. They do not have them anymore. You can call ask them what happened to them and why they are not carring them besides being incredibly expensive.

Statman,
Sound Factor in Encino. They do not have them anymore. You can call ask them what happened to them and why they are not carring them besides being incredibly expensive.

Thanks Jeff. The Sound Factor in Encino is better than the Pasadena store.:p

The Marvelous Mega Plinius SB-301...

Plinius SB-301 is even bigger than the SA-250... :D I wonder how much it weighs in at? :)

Attachments

• Plinius SB-301.jpg
    Plinius SB-301.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,990
I found what seems like the only other guy in the world that has the same Preamp that I do :p

He has a sweet Krell attached to it though.

krell2.jpg

Beautiful Brinkman Mono-Block Amplifiers...

:D These wonderful Brinkman mono-blocks can step it up a knoch or two... :cheers:

Attachments

• Brinkman Mono-Blocks.jpg
    Brinkman Mono-Blocks.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 976
  • Brinkman - Mono-blocks - rear view.jpg
    Brinkman - Mono-blocks - rear view.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 1,026
Lovely ~ Ear Audio ~ Mono-Block...

The EAR 890 is wonderfully rated tubed mono-block, which riveals the McIntosh MC275... The EAR 890 does ~ 140 Watts in mono; 70 Watts in stereo.... ;) :D ;)

Attachments

• EAR - 890 Mono-Block amp.jpg
    EAR - 890 Mono-Block amp.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 780
Last edited:
Back