So the (digital) source is incoming!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beg to differ, Audiophila is not much about the music, it is about the play in hardware.

For gear heads maybe or for those who are members of the "audio flavor of the month" (with related issues thereof) club.

Of course, it's about enjoying the music. What a silly / sad / judgmental / myopic thing to say.

IMHO, it's similar to a dog that's always chasing its tail.

PS: Bernard, you are spot on.

Last edited:
Have you ever looked closely at audiophiles evaluating equipment in an audio store? They look like they're suffering from constipation!

Best audio descriptive I've heard in a long time Bernard. Neurosis indeed. And it's self induced.

Hey Burke,

What kind of panels do you have? I'm no longer in Chicago btw.

Got some GIKs coming next week.

See the pictures of my media room in the "Room within a room project" http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?8051-The-Room-with-in-a-Room-Project
The panels are really copies of the GIK's 4x2 feet but without a frame and designed to be caputured by lightwieght steel studs. See the later posts in the thread. Only about half of the wall is going to be rebuilt after the new floor is laid next week.

Where are you now by the way, and what hospital are you practicing at?

See the pictures of my media room in the "Room within a room project" http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?8051-The-Room-with-in-a-Room-Project
The panels are really copies of the GIK's 4x2 feet but without a frame and designed to be caputured by lightwieght steel studs. See the later posts in the thread. Only about half of the wall is going to be rebuilt after the new floor is laid next week.

Where are you now by the way, and what hospital are you practicing at?

Over in a suburb north of Dallas. Right now work at 1 main hospital (texas health) and part time at another hospital (baylor). Part time at 2 free standing ER's as well. Usually I work between 15 to 18 shifts a month. :music:

Trying to ensure I have a healthy savings so I can work a little less as I age.

Justin, I'm not going anywhere near the Lampizator at c. $7,000. There are other things in life on which to spend my money, such as vacations in Costa Rica, and other mundane things like food, underwear, etc.

I didn't imply that you should, Bernard. Tis silly money. Very good, but silly money. Actually more than $7000.

Yes, I just looked at HifiShark. A lot more, even used.

Have you done any tube rolling in it?

6a3s which cost 100 for the pair and psvane western electric replica 101d seem to be the best. Latter over 500. I.prefer former for vocals, latter for orchestra. Former smoother, soundstage back and wide. Latter more forceful and forward. Two guys at my place preferred the 6A3. You can also put in the western electric 101d or 300b at much higher prices if you want

In other news, my baby loves the Cary 306S.... loves the top glass view.

Back