Is one of my panels going out?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoafb

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Martin logan ascents, about 13 years old. With the left speaker I noticed when I first power up the top sections have good output but several sections" toward the bottom don't come in till about ten minutes, or sooner if I pump the volume up a bit.

I figured i am about due after 13 years of cranking them.

Going to unplug overnight and try vacuuming in the am.

Hi guys,

Martin logan ascents, about 13 years old. With the left speaker I noticed when I first power up the top sections have good output but several sections" toward the bottom don't come in till about ten minutes, or sooner if I pump the volume up a bit.

I figured i am about due after 13 years of cranking them.

Going to unplug overnight and try vacuuming in the am.

Never multitask while posting,

Sorry for the terrible English lesson...

Hola. You must do a washing procedure. This below article was made for the ReQuest model, but it is the same thing for every Martin Logan model. Try to wash it, and perhaps you might get it back to life. Also, you could buy a new stat panels, and the quality sound will be like brand new speakers. The new factory panels, come with 5 year warranty. They are not cheap, but definitively, a bargain if you do a comparison with other speakers.

http://www.martinloganowners.com/~t...n Logan Quest Stator Panel Shower Washing.pdf

Hi Roberto,

A good strong vacuuming seems to have fixed things up. I know i am kind of on borrowed time with them at this point. If I recall new panels are about 1800, still cheaper than a new set so I might go that route in the near future.

Usually dust gets into the bias contact of the panel, and if you use just plain water, will clean it, and the contact is restored. Specially for panels that are that old. Yes, the price for the new ones are very expensive, but keep in mind too, that they do have a 5 year warranty period. So it is like buying new speakers. Its like an insurance. Also vacuum makes it too. Good to know that everything is back to normal. Happy listening!

Back