Vistas Got Wet!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CookieDough

Reaction score
So.. Long story short! I was vacuuming water off the floor and a small amount shot out the back of my shop vac onto one of the speakers while it was plugged in and I didn't notice.

I watched TV after, and the sound was biased to the other side. I immedaitely unplugged it, and gave it a good vacuum. The sound is quieter out of the speaker, the blue light on the front is on. After some troubleshooting I've noticed that when the speaker is unplugged it plays only out the woofer, while the other speaker when unplugged still plays out of the panel when it is unplugged.

The sound out of the speaker sounds fine, just quieter! What happened!?! Help!

Update:

After putting a fan on the speaker for an hour while it was unplugged, all is well! This is the biggest relief ever. I'd be interested in what would have caused this? Moisture on the panel making it not vibrate propertly?

Last edited:
After putting a fan on the speaker for an hour while it was unplugged, all is well! This is the biggest relief ever. I'd be interested in what would have caused this? Moisture on the panel making it not vibrate propertly?

Yes, pretty much. Water on the panel making it heaver. Also, the water acts as a conductor, reducing the ES charge required to make the speaker work.

Now that it's dry, ensure that there is no residual dirt in there.

Yes, pretty much. Water on the panel making it heaver. Also, the water acts as a conductor, reducing the ES charge required to make the speaker work.

Now that it's dry, ensure that there is no residual dirt in there.

Thanks for the help. Cheers.

Back