96/24 rips

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
So I have seen stereo rips to 96/24 from lp and sacd-r. How is this done and how good are they?? DVD-a is basically 96/24 or 192/24 so it seems like a straight shot. But sacd to 96/24 or LP to 96/24? How does that happen? Trying to figure if they are worth the time. Thanks. Tim

So I have seen stereo rips to 96/24 from lp and sacd-r. How is this done and how good are they?? DVD-a is basically 96/24 or 192/24 so it seems like a straight shot. But sacd to 96/24 or LP to 96/24? How does that happen? Trying to figure if they are worth the time. Thanks. Tim

There are many variables. I wouldn't bother with them. The SACD rips are generally done through a Playstation and at least stay in the digital domain. The vinyl ones could be recorded off a '80s Philips combination deck with a $2 mixer.

I guess I saw sacd to 96/24 and wondered what was used to do that. The PS3 will create the ISO file is my understanding and then you can get the dsd files from that. But then apparently people are taking these and transforming them to 96/24. Guessing worse for wear but needed if you don't have a dsd dac

I guess I saw sacd to 96/24 and wondered what was used to do that. The PS3 will create the ISO file is my understanding and then you can get the dsd files from that. But then apparently people are taking these and transforming them to 96/24. Guessing worse for wear but needed if you don't have a dsd dac
Tim, since any kind of digital processing requires PCM format, folks using an AVR for e.g. bass management must convert to PCM. I've done this for ripped SACD's for exactly this reason - DSD=no digital processing in my pre/pro, and that's not an acceptable option, for me.

Back