Side walls

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
Everyone gives there ideas what to use on the wall behind the summits what about the side walls behind the summits? Hard surface, damped, diffusers. Thanks

Not to be facetious, but it all depends. You really need to listen to determine what your personal needs / biases are and adjust accordingly.

Other considerations are sitting distance from speakers, distance from speakers to the back and side walls, tonal "flavor" of your gear,inherent room problem issues that impact sound, etc.

Many theories / preferences on this forum but just remember that they are only personal opinions.

60" panel to back wall is a good guideline to start with.

Good luck.

GG

as Gordon says………it depends, but as as a general rule for side walls, 2" thick absorption to start, location…….remember high school science….. 'angle of incidence equals the angle of reflection' (relative your seating position vs. the speakers)

Rear side walls?

Did I word it wrong! I am asking about the side walls behind the summits not in front I know about the first reflections and so on.
Thanks

Did I word it wrong! I am asking about the side walls behind the summits not in front I know about the first reflections and so on.
Thanks

yes you most definitely did ! ……… how could something behind a speaker be called a 'side wall' ??

anyways ………this has been discussed many times over, a search will yield you all kinds of info…...

Back