USB microscope

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowGEEZR

Reaction score
Man, I'm getting old! I can't see well enough through my trifocals anymore to see the cartridge alignment properly. Having a super thin ruby cantilever doesn't help, either! I am having a hard time getting it aligned and can't seem to get rid of some sibilance, so I ordered a USB microscope and flexible clamp. It will come with measuring software, which I hope will be beneficial for both SRA and azimuth alignment. It ought to be much easier to align when I can see the needle amplified onto the computer screen in real time. Hey, if it's good enough for Mikey (Fremer), it oughta be good enough for me!

Steve, what make of microscope did you buy, and how do you like it? I see there are some that cost as low as $20.

Hola Steve...perhaps the azimuth is OK, but might need a little more weight or pressure a the needle with contact to the grove. Increasing one gram will not harm the cantilever of the cartridge. Perhaps its a tracking problem.

Happy listening!

Latest posts

Back