Spikes and hardwood flooring ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spikes are used to deal with mechanical resonances but your "buumy" is acoustic issue.

I suspect that the earlier post that suggested people don't take room treatments seriously enough is right on the money.

Once I think I've got the speakers situated as good as I can get them, I'll start focusing on the room.

Hi there,

What will work better to reduce floor vibration and boominess under the Ethos - granite or Auralex? I'm in Canada and not sure where I can get auralex.

Hi there,

What will work better to reduce floor vibration and boominess under the Ethos - granite or Auralex? I'm in Canada and not sure where I can get auralex.

Don't use granite. Order the auralex off the web, they will ship it to you you. Order from Amazon. Auralex gramma

This is what I'm working with so far.

Left speaker 36" from left wall.
Both speakers 30" from front wall.
Spiked currently on carpet.
There are drapes covering the two doors with with floor to ceiling glass.

denaudiosetup.jpg

Can you pull the speakers 3.5 feet out from the front wall, and how far back can you go? How far is the wall behind you, and what is the distance between you and the line connecting the speakers?

Back