Thread: how about making a subscriber or paid member option?

Default how about making a subscriber or paid member option?

Hey,

What about making a subscriber/paid member option? Where we can pay say 25$ for a year or two or lifelong duration of membership. Get us more perks, like either a different color for our name, or little tweaks to the avatar? What about getting us more than just 50 PM message limit? THat thing is painful to me as I keep hitting the ceiling.

I know forums like audio aficionado or say the rolex forum has a paid member option, gets you more perks... I would certainly pay for this site.

Thanks
    Joey

Joey "kid with grey hair" V
    System 1: Emm Labs TSDX Transport -> Emm Labs DAC2x -> Cary SLP-05 Pre -> Boulder 2060 Stereo Amp -> B&W 802D3, AQ WEL Power Cords, AQ WEL Speaker Wire, AQ Wind (reterminating to XLR)
    System 2: Rotel RA1592 Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    System 3: Rotel RC1570 Preamp -> Rotel RB1582 Stereo Amp -> B&W CM10s2 (ESL11a replacement??)

Thanks for the suggestion, Joey. Will look into this. Anyone else have some ideas for what perks would be good to add to a premium membership?
    Tom D'Acquisto
    MartinLoganOwners.com owner/operator
    ML Owner from 1988 to 2015 (Sequels, reQuests, Summits, Cinema)
    Currently MartinLoganless
    CL
    ick HERE to see my ML systems of the past.

Click here to see how you can help support this site!

I think paid membership is a great idea. I'm not looking for perks; I just don't think Tom should be paying to support this site. That said, it's been a while since I made a donation......always mean to do it, but don't get down to it.

How about if we remove the ads and make it $20/year to be a member. That may have the advantage of keeping trolls away, together with the morons who try to use this site to advertise their crap.

In any case, Tom please post the donation link.

I'm with Bernard, I'd happily pay if I don't have to tolerate the ad's , if that's possible. No biggie if that isn't possible.

Not sure if it' possible, but might be worth approaching ML to see if they would offer some sort of discount to members. May only apply to things like accessories and clothing, but it's a thought.
    MiTT
    Tim Bingaman

All Music...All the time...Commercial Free...

If you want to see System 95 click here

Here's the donation link:

http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/ML/help$.html

Hosting is $20 per month and the ads pay for that..... The domain renewal is minimal and I usually do that in 3 year increments. Software upgrades are expensive, but I don't do those very often and usually ask for $$ from you.

My concern about membership is tracking and managing all of that and how much effort would be required. Not sure I'd want to take on any more work... especially now that I don't even own ML's. :-)
    Tom D'Acquisto
    MartinLoganOwners.com owner/operator
    ML Owner from 1988 to 2015 (Sequels, reQuests, Summits, Cinema)
    Currently MartinLoganless
    CL
    ick HERE to see my ML systems of the past.

Click here to see how you can help support this site!