Motion 30 Question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotSauce_916

Reaction score
Hello,

The Motion 30 has 2 x 5.5" drivers with a tweeter in the middle. I just noticed that vocal sound seems to only come out of the left cone and I'm wondering if the right cone is damaged or does it just have lower frequencies? Can someone please test this on their Motion 30 by putting their ear next to each side.

Thanks.

Hello,

The Motion 30 has 2 x 5.5" drivers with a tweeter in the middle. I just noticed that vocal sound seems to only come out of the left cone and I'm wondering if the right cone is damaged or does it just have lower frequencies? Can someone please test this on their Motion 30 by putting their ear next to each side.

Thanks.

Just an FYI that I was able to speak with someone at customer support and they confirmed that each driver is different and that there is a crossover inside. Therefore the vocals do come out of the left side. Also it's completely ok to flip the speaker upside down if you want the vocals to be more on the right side. I'm doing this because my center channel is closer to the left side of the room so now the vocals are more in the middle.

yes.
with the 30 on up, we use a 2 1/2 xover design so that you don't have lobing issues as you move across the front of the speaker in terms of sitting. Most that use a MTM design can sound hollow at different sitting positions. On the Motion 8 on down, we use a more traditional xover design, but the drivers are small so dispersion is still good as you move across the sitting area.

Back