Wells Audio Innamorata

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowGEEZR

Reaction score
A friend of mine, Steve (sb6 on this forum), recently replaced his Usher mono-blocs with the Wells Audio Innamorata amplifier. I have listened to Steve's system many times and was absolutely gobsmacked at the improvement this amplifier made. I can think of nothing that this amp did that was not excellent! In every parameter I can think of, it was a beautiful performer and was as good as any amplifier I've ever heard. That it was as good as it was, at the price it sells for, is amazing. Anyone looking for a great amp check it out.

Luther, yes you should! Steve's system is really dialed in nicely, now. The soundstage his system is throwing reminds me of Arnie's, it's that good.

Luther, yes you should! Steve's system is really dialed in nicely, now. The soundstage his system is throwing reminds me of Arnie's, it's that good.

Thanks Steve, very much appreciate it. I really like the Innamorata and I attribute about 80% of what you heard to it. But as you said, there are other tweaks namely: New RCA interconnects (JPS Labs Superconductor 3), Stillpoints under CD player, listening seat(s) repositioning (pulled out ~1' further from back wall), added/modified rear wall absorption, modified rear wall corner bass traps, added mini polys diffusion behind curtains, added added skyline diffuser to side walls and adjusted speaker placement and rake angle. So the difference you heard was bigger than what I heard since I did it in steps over several months, but again, the Innamorata is a excellent amp for money either way IMO. I'm very curiosu to see how 2 would sound passively biamped, but first I need a preamp. ;)

Luther - I plan to have a bigger get-together sometime soon and you are always invited.

Back