Scenario problem

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bilbo2014

Reaction score
I inherited a pair Of ML Senario speakers. No damage to panels look great. When I apply power to them I get (muffled bass-lo treble lo mid range).I called ML and talked to Daniel A. he asked was my LED showing when powered(no LED on outside of speakers). So I removed the base of speakers and located the panel which has a red LED. Power was applied but nothing on the light. Any help on what might be the problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. (also vacuumed panels)

Hola Bilbo, be careful because the high voltage for the bias of the stat panels circa the 2KV!!! Also be careful with your tester. Usually the tester is safe up to 1KV, not 2KV. You need a special high voltage probe. Reading you, it looks like a bad PSU. If there are not LEDs at the front of the speaker and inside, it looks like a bad xformer. You can measure the voltage at the secondary, usually around AC 180V between the pins. How do you know where are the secondary winding? It will be facing opposite the Mains AC input, and following the foils, you will get to the voltage multiplier, where diodes and capacitors are in sequences. Usually only one speaker PSU fails, but it looks that both are bad. If the electronics are OK, then you have faulty stat panels. To bring them back good, you must do the washing procedure or change them for new ones. I had read here too, that there is a person who is repairing them, because the stat panes are not cheap. Good luck and happy listening!

Latest posts

Back